The Inbetweeners US Page 2

I don't see why they can't just show the original. We put up with being force fed enough US stuff, time the tables were turned.

They have broadcast the original. And it was so successful that they wanted to make their own version.

Anyway, I really enjoyed episode 1. Bleeps aside, I thought it really did the format justice, really seemed to 'get' the point of the show - which is what a lot of these US remakes miss - and made the necessary changes for an American setting without any inherent loss. I understand that MTV decided to cut out the most coarse and cringeworthy elements from this adaptation, which is sort of a shame, but for me the first ep showed that they still have a lot of road they can go down.

Enjoyed the teaser over the credits too, and will be awaiting the rest of the (short) season with great interest.

Quote: David Carmon @ August 22 2012, 1:02 AM BST

I don't see why they can't just show the original. We put up with being force fed enough US stuff, time the tables were turned.

Here, here. You tell 'em, Mr Carmon.

Quote: Aaron @ August 22 2012, 1:52 AM BST

They have broadcast the original. And it was so successful that they wanted to make their own version.

Anyway, I really enjoyed episode 1. Bleeps aside, I thought it really did the format justice, really seemed to 'get' the point of the show - which is what a lot of these US remakes miss - and made the necessary changes for an American setting without any inherent loss. I understand that MTV decided to cut out the most coarse and cringeworthy elements from this adaptation, which is sort of a shame, but for me the first ep showed that they still have a lot of road they can go down.

Enjoyed the teaser over the credits too, and will be awaiting the rest of the (short) season with great interest.

But I bet it wasn't on one of their major networks, they hide our stuff on dodgy cable channels and BBC America.

It was on BBCA and censored with the dreaded beeps. Cable networks pull in reasonable viewing numbers these days and typically repeat their showings leading to even more potential viewers... so that's no excuse for not preforming.

It's not a patch on the original, but it is better than what I was expecting.

A big difference between the two versions is believability. The original had it in abundance and it constituted a large part of its charm. However the remake suffers in this department due to being excessively slick and glamorous.

This seems horrible!! :O

I couldn't stand the UK one so have not and will not watch the US version

Thanks for the info, Dave.

That's a brilliant idea, I'm going to go through all the threads for things I'm not interested in and post in them to let everyone know.

I thoroughly enjoyed this. It's pretty much the same as the UK version except with different actors who aren't as good or funny as the British ones and with a couple of tweaks here and there, but overall it was pretty decent.

I really would've preferred if they had renewed it for another season just to see what direction it would've taken once it had to adapt a personality of its own and had to break away from the UK writing once they'd run out of it.

Sucks the ratings dragged and MTV opted not to give it another run.

Quote: Raymond Terrific @ December 29 2012, 1:53 PM GMT

That's a brilliant idea, I'm going to go through all the threads for things I'm not interested in and post in them to let everyone know.

It's the BCG way!

As is quoting posts from previous years

Quote: Edwin @ September 12 2013, 1:27 AM BST

I really would've preferred if they had renewed it for another season just to see what direction it would've taken once it had to adapt a personality of its own and had to break away from the UK writing once they'd run out of it.

Sucks the ratings dragged and MTV opted not to give it another run.

You must have missed this news from a few weeks back. It looks like the direction it's taking is to double back and try again at following the UK's footsteps.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/08/23/the-inbetweeners-movie-to-get-us-remake-as-virgins-america-3935503/

I thought the US version was utter shit.

Overall it was poor in comparison to the British version but it did have some good moments. It was starting to develop its own ideas and could have blossomed into something half decent eventually. If the writers had gone back to the drawing board after the feedback from S1, they could have played to their strengths and improved considerably - just like The Office did.

The casting for Neil and Jay was bad.
Some of the original story lines were good, but the execution of the British stuff e.g. car door at theme park was pretty poor. Thankfully they didn't slavishly copy much.

I would never bother making a show in the US. Axe axe axe, no-one is safe.