Worst American sitcoms inflicted on the UK Page 6

Yes, New Girl is brainless and I hate every character in it. It's more like a clothing catalogue than a sitcom.

30 Rock
Will and Grace
Scrubs
New Girl
I can tolerate Everybody Loves Raymond but don't like it

Quote: Dave Barlow @ December 19 2012, 8:53 PM GMT

30 Rock

:O

Adore both 30 Rock and New Girl.

Scrubs is really annoying though.

Scrubs was great at the start, got a bit annoying. Thinking 30 Rock is suitbale for this thread should be a hanging offence, obviously. Bonkers.

I thought that there would be an absolute slating of Roseanne on this thread, so far not a mention. The best US sitcom ever.

The worst for me still stands as Seinfeld.

Quote: David Carmon @ December 19 2012, 10:23 PM GMT

The worst for me still stands as Seinfeld.

I completley respect your clearly wrong opinion. Whistling nnocently

I can't stand it. I never laughed once. :|

Very easy: Friends.

Rich, good looking people pulling faces and acting like dickheads. Although I do like the episode with Bruce Willis in.

small Wonder is truly terrible. For some reason I liked it a lot when I was little, but maybe that was because I was a lonely child who wanted a robot friend. I looked it up on a whim of nostalgia and couldn't watch more than two minutes of it

I used to think Married with Children was pretty ropey

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ January 6 2013, 6:46 PM GMT

I used to think Married with Children was pretty ropey

It had certainly deteriorated markedly by season thirty-seven, but try catching some of the earlier episodes.

I read this title as "Worse American sitcoms influenced by the UK" which I thought was very specific!

Quote: Tursiops @ January 6 2013, 6:59 PM GMT

It had certainly deteriorated markedly by season thirty-seven, but try catching some of the earlier episodes.

That. The first two seasons are really good. It's almost a satire on the American white trash family...a bit like National Lampoon's Vacation, but at home not on the road. From season 3 on it changes its tone a little and Al begins to transform into a cartoon character...but still very funny. After seasons 6 or so it quickly becomes shit.

No one has yet mentioned Mork & Mindy, the show that introduced us to the whacky funster that is Robin Williams.

I also seem to recall some dreadful tosh with Eric Idle playing a ghost.