Rubbish Sitcoms Page 7

I'm sitting here at home watching a Christmas Special of My Family and I wonder if it's always as bad as this or was this just a one-off nightmare?

I'm thinking it's bad because the characters are all so unlikeable and smart arsed. I suppose I might be wrong and just looking at it through jaundiced eyes. I seem to remember finding the Kris Marshall character funny in the earliest ones, but every time I've seen more recent episodes it's been smug and unfunny.

Quote: Aaron @ December 12 2012, 2:25 PM GMT

:D It does have its moments, but yeah... Maybe better having watched Romany Jones previously, which I didn't for some reason.

Very interested to hear what you think when you see it though, of course. :)

Finished watching Series 1 last night. It's pretty awful stuff like Aaron & co have already stated. Though from the some of the negative comments I have read on this thread about about Yus, My Dear I wasn't really expecting less. Having said that, I could quite easily watch this again, mainly because I have a liking for Wally, Lilly and Benny.

In two minds as to whether order Series 2 though.

Big Top - The most abysmal thing that BBC One has ever shown and that includes Jimmy Savile.

Anything with Ricky Grevais in it

What about My Hero?

My Hero was quite funny, the talking babies were a bit creepy, but on the whole I liked it.

Me and Mrs Jones

Just seen most of series 2 of 'Yus My Dear', and whilst it's not that much of an improvement over series 1, I do feel that all-round it is the better of the two. I do feel however some of the acting is dire, especially from the actress who plays Molly. She just seems to have no acting ability whatsoever. To be fair Mike Reid is not that much better, though I do like the character Benny.

Favourite episode from this series so far would have to be 'The New Bed'.

Quote: youngian @ September 2 2011, 2:09 PM BST

Amanda Holden's name comes up a lot in these worst sitcom threads.

I don't think she's a bad actress but boy does she know how to pick them; Mad About Alice, Big Top, Les Dennis.

Actually she is a pretty bad actress, or at least she has no comedy bones. Big Top could have been okay but it suffered from a vacuum at its centre.

Quote: Tony Cowards @ December 12 2012, 12:37 AM GMT

"Clone" was pretty awful.

That was an utter mess.

Quote: Snork @ September 3 2011, 11:11 AM BST

'In With The Flynns' was the worst sitcom I have ever seen in my whole life.

You cannot have watched much telly. Flynns is okay; there are plenty of gags and the cast have the comedy chops to nail them.

Quote: Wwe222 333 @ December 19 2012, 9:10 PM GMT

What about My Hero?

That made my flesh creep.

Quote: Pingl @ December 11 2012, 10:49 PM GMT

Yus, My Dear

Yus My Dear was unspeakable. It always gives me a warm buzz when performers I detested are unmasked as having been utter bastards.

The smurfs were shit

Quote: sootyj @ January 17 2013, 3:10 PM GMT

The smurfs were shit

You just didn't get them.

The Office.

Miranda!

Anyone know where they filmed the exterior shots for 'Yus My Dear?'

In With The Flynns and I can't even think of anything that comes remotely close to it.