Limmy's Show! Page 4

I've been staring at my lampshade for the last 20 minutes....

Quote: Jinky @ November 13 2012, 10:52 AM GMT

I've been staring at my lampshade for the last 20 minutes....

Is this a reference to a sketch, or was the lampshade more entertaining?

Quote: Charlie Boy @ November 13 2012, 9:10 PM GMT

Is this a reference to a sketch, or was the lampshade more entertaining?

A sketch.

I'll be watching you from now on, Charlie Boy. If that's your real name.....

I too am looking at my lampshades. They're all just the wrong shape though. I think a trip to IKEA is in order.

Quote: Jinky @ November 13 2012, 10:46 PM GMT

A sketch.

I'll be watching you from now on, Charlie Boy. If that's your real name.....

Ohh, yeah, I was Christened Boy!

This is funny :) From episode 2 of the current series:

Party Talk - Limmy's Show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOJ7vWgQdqM

I think this one is still my favourite:

Laptop Sketch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dEKQL0I4LU

My friend introduced me to this show a few days ago and I think it's utterly hilarious. One of the best sketch shows I've seen for a few years.

Enjoying this show immensely courtesy of the iPlayer, shades of Big Train but is very much a refreshing individual vision. Love his surreal takes on lifes little annoyances.

Am I right that this is only shown North of Berwick?
If so anyone know why?
Have the BBC decided to cut the amount of hilarity in England and Wales?

Quote: youngian @ December 3 2012, 12:10 AM GMT

Enjoying this show immensely courtesy of the iPlayer, shades of Big Train but is very much a refreshing individual vision. Love his surreal takes on lifes little annoyances.

Am I right that this is only shown North of Berwick?
If so anyone know why?

Language barrier?

It's a BBC Scotland show, made to fill one of the slots Scotland is given to show something different to the rest of the U.K. Because of that, it isn't automatically able to be shown in the rest of the country. It could be, but for some reason the different departments haven't got it together to do so. (That's the jist of what I read somewhere else, anyway)

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 3 2012, 10:12 AM GMT

It's a BBC Scotland show, made to fill one of the slots Scotland is given to show something different to the rest of the U.K. Because of that, it isn't automatically able to be shown in the rest of the country. It could be, but for some reason the different departments haven't got it together to do so. (That's the jist of what I read somewhere else, anyway)

According to the BBC listings the Scots are deprived of Never Mind the Buzzcocks as a result. How do they survive.

Quote: youngian @ December 3 2012, 12:10 AM GMT

Have the BBC decided to cut the amount of hilarity in England and Wales?

If the English ever find out that there is more to comedy than panel shows then they'll do what they always do when they find out they are being cheated. Sigh for a few seconds and stare at their 'Keep Calm and Carry On' posters.

I think they could put together a one-off compilation show for the rest of the UK.

Like most sketch shows I find it hits and miss but when it works its very, very funny.

He started out on YouTube, so its good to know that route can work. Sadly the show looks like the only reason it is made is because its made for peanuts.

The Falconhoof sketch in Episode 3.3 is four ways brilliant, one of the funniest sketches I've seen all year. Great show.

Quote: Bob Hicks @ December 3 2012, 12:17 PM GMT

He started out on YouTube, so its good to know that route can work. Sadly the show looks like the only reason it is made is because its made for peanuts.

Made for peanuts, written by Monkeys!