The Unbelievable Truth Page 3

Does anyone know who writes the "lectures"? Is it the staff writers, or the guests, or perhaps a combination of both?

I have no idea. However, the only writers credited are those who write David's script, so I'm guessing the guests write them.

Each piece matches the style of the guest, so I'd guess they write it themselves.

Quote: enossified @ January 31 2012, 6:59 PM GMT

Does anyone know who writes the "lectures"? Is it the staff writers, or the guests, or perhaps a combination of both?

Face it, would you want to be credited for that?

It's the guests

I'm stuck in America.
I got into the show when I went on holiday in England in 2008. fell in love with it.

Does anyone know if I can get the show on the online LW player?
Also, is there going to be a series 10, and when does it (normally) air?

Thanks

There is going to be a tenth series, which has been recorded. Don't know when it is going out mind. It will either go out after The Museum of Curiosity finishes its run (it starts this Monday for six episodes, so if it does it TUT will start on 12th November), or possibly even later if they also decide to broadcast ISIHAC as well.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ September 28 2012, 7:03 AM BST

There is going to be a tenth series, which has been recorded. Don't know when it is going out mind. It will either go out after The Museum of Curiosity finishes its run (it starts this Monday for six episodes, so if it does it TUT will start on 12th November), or possibly even later if they also decide to broadcast ISIHAC as well.

According to some people on Twitter who were at last night's ISIHAC recording, it is back in November after Museum finishes its run.

Really looking forward to this coming back. Been listening to some of these recently and it really is the best panel show on radio. I don't listen to ISIHAC anymore, I miss Humph, and got bored of Just A Minute years ago. This has real legs and so far the quality has been great.

ISIHAC is to be broadcast first on 12th November, so you'll have to wait until December to hear the new series. However, having said that the next available dates are Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve, so there might be more delays if other shows get Christmas specials.

Just been confirmed by the BBC Press Office - the new series of The Unbelievable Truth will start on New Year's Eve.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ November 29 2012, 4:15 PM GMT

Just been confirmed by the BBC Press Office - the new series of The Unbelievable Truth will start on New Year's Eve.

Hurahh!

Quote: OxBigly @ September 28 2012, 6:16 AM BST

I'm stuck in America.

Truly the English attitude...

good host good guests good god

My favourite radio show. Series 29 has just been broadcast and is available on iPlayer.

I have all series saved and got a load of them on a USB stick in the car. One particular episode, series 24 episode 4, nearly had me in a ditch with laughter. Guests are Holly Walsh (who I have a hard spot for), Miles Jupp, Frankie Boyle (hilariously bleak as usual) and Sara Pascoe, who I normally can't stand with her whimpering 'please like me' persona but she's quite good on this.