Kookyville

This was certainly the biggest pile of muck that Channel 4 has put on in a good, long while.

Twitter, unsurprisingly, is aghast.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/kookyville

I have absolutely no idea what to make of the show. I sort-of laughed in a few places, but more in shock that there are such ill-educated people living - certainly not through any particular comedy element. I just found it all really rather odd.

I suspect its cheapness will ensure a series is commissioned.

I was thinking that it could be a pastiche of stuff like TOWIE and Made In Chelsea, but I really couldn't grasp how much of the stuff could be construed as humourous - particularly the stuff that was happening in the office.

That was rather strange.

But hey, if you hated Kookyville, don't worry - there's always Boom Town to look forward too! Yay!

Hated it

I only watched 5 minutes but it felt like a lifetime

Baffled.

Seems to me that they've collected a bunch of people, that resemble famous comedy characters from the past and simply filmed them;

Babs, Shabs and Cabs - some cast-offs from TOWIE
Ronnie - Catherine Tate's Nan [C4 even point it out]
Annie Rose and Suzanne - unintelligent Ab Fab mother/daughter relationship
The boss of the car empire - David Brent from The Office
The gay Goths - resemble characters that even Lucas & Walliams thought were too bad for Little Britain.
Raincliffe Hotel owners - poor man's Fawlty Towers
Drew and Wicksey - Del Boy & Rodney crossed with Coogan/Brydon on The Trip

But at the end of the day it's simply another show celebrating the stupidity of 'real people', do we need another one? I'm often in the 'real world' and see/hear stupid people; I don't need them on my TV, especially after watching Peep Show.

Loved it and it looks like I'm on my own.

I didn't hate is as much as everyone told me I would, but lot of the writing was rather weak.

As mentioned above, a lot of the material/characters did seem ripped-off from previous stuff.

The Speedo/Peedo thing was done in the 3rd series of MOnkey Dust IIRC.

Quote: jhmagic1 @ November 26 2012, 5:35 PM GMT

Loved it and it looks like I'm on my own.

Let's hope so.

I laughed at the old woman who was discussing getting stoned, but the rest just elicited a "wuh?".

Quote: SimonWing @ November 26 2012, 6:45 PM GMT

I didn't hate is as much as everyone told me I would, but lot of the writing was rather weak.

As mentioned above, a lot of the material/characters did seem ripped-off from previous stuff.

There was no writing or material, that's what a lot of people are annoyed by.

I utterly f**king hated it. More than I hate TOWIE.

Seriously, Channel 4 have been fantastic when it comes to comedy. Yet they bring out this, something so shite it's offensive.

I hope it doesn't make it to a full series.

It appears to not be on this week...does this mean it's been cancelled, or is it just to make room for the Comedy Awards nominations show?

It was a pilot.