Thank God You're Here - Paul Merton Page 10

Kirsten was actually pretty good I thought.

I don't watch this awful programme, but I managed to catch a glimpse of Paul Merton's green suit tonight. WTF?

^^^

You didn't watch it yet you're saying it was awful.

Wow how silly.

^^^

I don't watch it, meaning I've seen it once and it was so awful that I don't need to see it again. The whole concept of improvised comedy is more awful than Paul Merton's green suit.

Hello. New comedy crush : Rufus Hound.

I know this show gets alot of stick but I really love it, Even if it's just to see certain celebrities over there heads.

Rufus Hound is just hilarious, I've seen him a couple of times on Richard and Judy.

Lee Mack is great as always.

Claudia Winkleman - NEXT.

Richard Wilson was ok, He really couldn't find the gooseberries lol.

Quote: zooo @ February 9, 2008, 10:31 PM

Hello. New comedy crush : Rufus Hound.

Ohhh, the one who looks like a Walrus.

Rufus Hound was pretty darn good, who is this fella? I'm sure I've seen him on those list shows?

I found Claudia funny. Lee was ace, and Rufus was aMaZiNg. Hence the loving.

He used to present Top of the Pops. :O

Yea Claudia wasn't too bad but obviously not a natural but then I never expected her to be.

Half-sister of Big Suze, that one is.

Only with more charisma, personality and talent. :)

It bugged me that Rufus's sketch didn't start with 'Thank God you're here', they can't be out of ideas already - surely?
It's also still a bit too scripted to be improv for me.
If anyone's interested, the sketches for the pilot were:
Clive Anderson - Policeman (same as Lee tonight)
Phil Nicol - Star Trek (same as Ben Miller)
Kirsten O'Brien - Holiday Camp
John Thompson - Doctor (same as Marcus Brigstocke)
Group - Fat Fighters (same as tonight's group)
Paul - 70s Pop Star

When Rufus was doing his main sketch, it flowed so naturally I forgot it was improv.

Have not seen tonights, but taped it, watched I Robot instead. However, I am enjoying the series. Have found a number of laugh out loud moments in each episode. More laughs than any of the current crop of sitcoms.