Dozy and Boil TheProfsniffinals©,episode one TheSt Page 2

Quote: Rubberhead @ November 9 2012, 10:42 PM GMT

would prefer feedback from someone whos actually watched the whole episode,how can you judge it by watching 2 mins?? and if you took the time to watch it,you,l find its totally different from what you think.

I don't want to be a dick, but you have to take more care over how you present yourself.

If you want people to invest time in watching your video (and it sounds like its a long one), you should make people here believe that you are someone who would be likely to create a watchable video.

I am not saying that its impossible for someone who initially writes in capitals, and then writes in a somewhat incomprehensible manner to produce anything of worth, but it does start alarm bells ringing for the reader.

Messages accompanying videos/scripts don't have to be perfect (this message of mine certainly isn't), but should at least try and look like some care had gone into them. For me at least, taking care over the covering message makes it more likely that care has been taking over the video that we are being asked to watch.

FWIW, I will watch it later, when I have access to my headphones.

Edit: "care has been taking" - Oh the irony...

first one we've done,so we were expecting a lot of negative feedback,but I like to judge things as a whole,then pick out the good and the bad..we did this for fun and we enjoyed making it.Andthat's what counts,hope you watch it all then id be interested to hear your views as all the feedback we get can only help us improve and take things forward. cheers :)

was that coherent enough?. ;)

Ok every time you put up a sample anywhere, peoples first reaction is
"how can I avoid this?"

So being too long, or zany or poorly spelled in the introduction will f**k you up.
Seriously I watched this thinking
"man this is going to suck then I can slam it"
I was disapointed and pleased in equal measure it was quite good.

... and I'm guessing we are more forgiving in this regard than agents and production companies, with piles of submissions to plough through.

Give yourself every chance, is all I'm saying. Running the introduction spiel through a grammar/spell check (capitalisation etc.) is so easy to do, that to potentially miss out on an industry viewing due to not doing it would be a great shame - i.e. to put all that work into a long video, but not give it a chance due to something so easily-fixable.

If the problems are due to using the forum on a phone (on which it is often difficult to write well, I admit), you should wait until you have PC/keyboard access. You are putting the fruits of your hard-graft into the public domain after-all. Some people do it willy-nilly, but it's quite a big deal really.

Even the title of this thread is going to put viewers on the back-foot, before even entering the thread (assuming they do). It might seem like snobbery, but sub-conciously people are going to be thinking "God, what crap do we have in here...".

I lost one online job (that I really, really wanted) when the guy I was bidding for said, too many errors. So I asked what it was? I mean I wanted to know for next time.

It was one grammar error in one of 3 samples. I mean I've got difficulties but I long ago learned no one really gives a shit. And you're just giving someone an excuse to fail you.

thanks for that,some good comments and I will take on board what you have said.some positive feedback at last :D

And yes I've been using my phone when using this forum.i'll start using the laptop.. ::$

I watched the rest of it, and the editing got better, and I liked the special effects you used.

I laughed at the bit when the vicar said they not only killed her but they took a shit on her face, that line is funny.

I thought the acting was good, and I liked the story

I didn't laugh at any of the other bits, the farting and the snorting coke is ok but that is not enough to make it funnier.

Though I still think it's to long unless there is a laugh in it at least every 2 minutes.

As a cult video it's great, but it is not Cheech and Chong belly busting laughs, though since it is your first attempt, no doubt you will get better at it and I will watch your next one after Christmas

Sure looks like you had a lot of fun making it.

Having watched it, I think something for you to consider would be to imagine if it would be funny if other people inhabited the roles and it wasn't just a trip down the filming memory lane with your mates.

I think good on ya for putting stuff out there and the above posters are right, things can only get better from here.

To be honest, I lasted 11 minutes.

now on with another episode(writing phase) we're gonna tighten it right up,more gags squeezed in,shorter opening credits,and be about 20 mins in length.(is this too long?? :\) be starting filming about march

and also more viewer friendly i.e following whats happening with regards to story.it was a bit off we think

Quote: Rubberhead @ November 21 2012, 7:30 PM GMT

now on with another episode(writing phase) we're gonna tighten it right up,more gags squeezed in,shorter opening credits,and be about 20 mins in length.(is this too long?? :\) be starting filming about march

and also more viewer friendly i.e following whats happening with regards to story.it was a bit off we think

Try seeing if you can make 3 really funny minutes and go from there.