Women on Panel Shows Page 10

Maybe, which is quite surprising for her, maybe she wasn't having a good night.

I don't know if this has already been mentioned because I've come in at the end of this, but I think that a lot of female comedians tend to stick with the "I'm a woman" material, in the same way that Sarah Millican's entire routine is based on being overweight, and Gina Yashere occassionally addresses the fact that she's black. I think that if there were some material that wasn't based on gender, female comedians would do a lot better.
On the other hand, if we're to look at psychology, men view women as being 'funny' if they laugh at their (the man's) jokes, rather than if the woman were to tell jokes because of the whole dominance thing, and women don't laugh at other women unless they're particularly unattractive (Jo Brand's USP) as they feel threatened, so it's pretty lose-lose for ladies unless they're exceptionally funny.

Quote: Rebekka @ October 28 2012, 5:35 PM GMT

QI is getting better at this, but in the most recent episode Shappi hardly got a word in.

Yes, but give that the other guests were Ross Noble and Johnny Vegas, that's hardly surprising.

There hasn't been much mention about radio shows-Wendy Richard's appearances on JAM, Victoria Wood on Clue, Linda Smith on News Quiz...

Coincidentally, in today's repeat of QI all 3 guests are womenz.

Quote: Tim Azure @ February 8 2013, 10:14 PM GMT

Linda Smith on News Quiz...

I didn't think Linda appeared on Mock The Week but she evidently appeared on the first episode. Sadly the show was finding its feet.