Peep Show - Series 8 Page 3

Quote: Aaron @ November 9 2012, 11:58 AM GMT

I'll be absolutely astonished if either Peep Show or The Thick Of It are still watched in 30 or 40 years like, say, Dad's Army is now.

Aside from yourself, the only people avidly watching Dad's Army are elderly people stuck in on a Saturday night.

As we become elderly people stuck in on a Saturday night, we might very well watch repeats of Peep Show.

Or we'll all be too busy fighting zombies in a post-apocalyptic hellscape. Either / or.

I actually really enjoyed the Christmas episode. The charades scene was brilliant, when it was Mark's go, his Dad's guesses were funny: "Milk?, Bruno? Brokeback Mountain?" lol

A Sunday doesn't seem right for Peep Show somehow. Channel 4 never do it any favours.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ November 7 2012, 7:31 PM GMT

I think it starts 25th November

Where do I apply for my Job as BCG Newshound?

Sunday? Really? I think I'll just watch it on 4oD on Friday nights instead.

Yeesh, Sunday? First Friday Night Dinner, now Peep Show? Seems a weird slot.

Sunday is fine, it would be a problem if it didn't have a strong fan base, but people will tune in or record it. There is bugger all on Sundays anyway, it will make a nice change from historic detective chocolate box shite, or antiques, or the bloody X Factor.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 12 2012, 9:23 AM GMT

Jay Hunt and George Dixon were incompetent at the BBC, so I guess they're keeping it up at C4.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 12 2012, 9:23 AM GMT

You're a weird slot. It's no great mystery. Channel 4 has bought Homeland - one of the few quality US shows they've had in recent years, and a show that appeals to the hallowed ABC1 demographic - and they're using it to slingshot into what they see as their best sitcoms. Or only sitcoms.

Yet Friday Night Dinner is getting awful numbers after Homeland. Any scheduler with common sense would see that the slot isn't working for one sitcom so best not to put another there but this is C4 and Jay Hunt and George Dixon.

Quote: dennispennis123 @ November 13 2012, 1:22 PM GMT

Yet Friday Night Dinner is getting awful numbers after Homeland. Any scheduler with common sense would see that the slot isn't working for one sitcom so best not to put another there but this is C4 and Jay Hunt and George Dixon.

I don't think it matters.

Those who are aboard the Peep Show ship have been there almost from the beginning. People who like Peep Show tend to be pretty unwavering in their loyalty.

Those who didn't climb aboard during the previous 7 series won't do so now, and every previous marketing campaign to increase viewership has failed.

I don't think there are many floating voters.

TBH, I am surprised scheduling is still a big deal. I assumed everyone just whacks the series on record on the DVR, and ploughs thorugh the episodes as-and-when.

I agree with a lot of what you're saying Simon but C4 are a commercial channel that relies on advertising revenue to survive. Putting shows in slots that make viewers watch via DVR isn't really a great business decision, especially when C4 may have to cut their budget next year due to a fall in revenue this year.

Also, I don't agree with the statement that Peep Show can't bring in new viewers. I only started watching in Series 5 and sitcoms in general often grow over time more than other genres.

Yes! Very exciting. I'm sure it will be good. I thought the last series was great even the Christmas one.

Just read that Olivia Colman is not going to be in this series? Does anyone know why?

Still looking forward to it, but that's a disappointment.

F**king Sunday?