Green Wing S2 DVD Signing Session

Apparently the Oxford Street (London) branch of Virgin Megastores have put a little sign on their door saying they will be holding a Green Wing Series 2 DVD signing session at 6pm on the 2nd October. (Thanks to Jessie for spotting that).

There's no publicity apart from that sign at the moment, nothing on the Virgin website either. As it is a Sunday we can't find out full details about who'll be there etc but hopefully an update here in the next couple of days once we've managed to talk to 4DVD.

Note: Now Updated Below...

How come these signings never happen up North? It's unfair for fans who can't make it down to London. Typical!

London is the centre of the universe. ;)

It's popular enough that they should do a signing TOUR! Originally, I thought the DVD would be out before I came back to uni, but as I'm back in Newcastle now, that's clearly not the case!

UPDATE: I've just heard back from 4DVD... OK...

It's confirmed: The DVD signing session is definitely happening at 6pm on the 2nd October at Virgin on Oxford Street. (It's at 6pm so that people working can make it too).

I've been asked not to reveal who'll be turning up just yet because the exact lineup has yet to be finalised (still awaiting on a couple of people's filming schedules to be confirmed). C4 don't want us to get anyone's hopes up that their favourite actor / actress is going to be there only for them to then pull out later this week because of filming commitments, which is fair enough.

That said... there will definitely be some of the stars attending. In fact I think I can get away with quoting "nearly all the main cast members have agreed to attend". Laughing out loud

:( I really wish they would put at least one up in Scotland for a change, it would be nice!

**Be's jealous at everyone who'll be able to go and meet all the cast**

OOH, I CAN'T WAIT!
:)

Another Update: As most of you have probably read via our GW newsletter the official and confirmed line up is: Stephen Mangan, Julian Rhind-Tutt, Pippa Haywood and Karl Theobald; they're all definitely attending. If filming schedules permit Mark Heap and Oli Chris will also be popping along. Look out for some of the Writers and Production Designer Jonathan Paul Green as well!

Well, it was a rather brilliant event! Easily 500 people turned up (I've never seen so many teenage girls in one place before), many screaming for Stephen (Guy)! They came out at about 6:05; Stephen Mangan, Julian Rhind-Tutt (Mac - who looked a bit fed-up, I thought), Michelle Gomez (Sue), Karl Theobald (Martin), and Pippa Haywood (Joanna). (Ian Hislop also appeared and rather rudely (ha ha) was allowed to push in first to get his copy signed!)
Anyway, I was quite close to the front of the queue (although still 20 mins back), and much to my delight, Mark Heap turned up just as I was getting to the front!
Stephen was his normal jolly self, scribbling and doodling all over my DVD case, Karl seemed a little pre-occupied and just signed quietly, but Michelle and Pippa were both very nice and friendly. Would love to meet them again. :)

Hi- newbie alert! I was there yesterday- I must've been a bit behind you as I was right behind the gang of screaming teenage girls (which I probably should've been one of!)Yeah- I found the cast so approachable- it was so good of them to do it (but I bet they got paid fairly well!)Made a complete twat of myself but had a great time. I found Mark, Steve, Michelle and Pippa so talkative and friendly, it was lovely that they took the time to chat to each fan. Hopefully they'll be doing a signing for the book too!
xxx

oh my gosh it was the greatest day of my life - you can read my story of it http://blog.myspace.com/rozzietheozzie

along with all my pictures

I was one of those mad screaming girls - I SHOULD of had a team secretan t-shirt but my lovely friend hadn't been able to finish it in time :( but i was wearing my lab coat - which I got signed wooo with sethascope (my own of course) and i also tied the bottom of the free sergical mask around my neck too :)

the best bit was the hug from stephen mangan :D

and the signing of my coat - which got many pictures taken by the professional photrographers :D

us crazy girls are all from the green wing fan forum - best place to be: http://z8.invisionfree.com/Green_Wing

and my friend jess had specially made the crown of confidence, my friend vicky wore pig ears as she is "pig rescurer" and of course the lovely team secretan girls too :D