Best comedy prop of all time Page 3

Yes it was the only funny bit.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ November 6 2012, 12:34 PM GMT

The big turkey in the Mr. Bean sketch.

Yes! And the old book at the library, the one he tears to pieces. Almost feels like it's not only a book, but a representation of "stiff, old, sacriligious customs".

Quote: Eydis @ November 6 2012, 1:06 PM GMT

Yes! And the old book at the library, the one he tears to pieces. Almost feels like it's not only a book, but a representation of "stiff, old, sacriligious customs".

Interesting point. Mr. Bean is in every sketch some sort of an anarchist...childlike and egoist...but always against social conventions.

Quote: Nil Putters @ November 6 2012, 12:37 PM GMT

Ernie Wise.

:O

What about that massive black dildo that hatchet harry killed someone with in lock stock. They should use one of those as the wireless mike at the next royal variety show.

The swedish penis pump in Austin Powers.

Morecambe's paper bag.

Quote: Tursiops @ November 6 2012, 1:20 PM GMT

:O

Just kidding. :D

Reggie Bosanquet, news at ten was a hoot in those days.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ November 6 2012, 1:14 PM GMT

Interesting point. Mr. Bean is in every sketch some sort of an anarchist...childlike and egoist...but always against social conventions.

Yes, a little bit like an autistic person, oblivious to others. The figure of Sheldon in the Big Bang Theory actually reminds me of Mr. Bean sometimes.

I suppose breaking social conventions makes for awkwardness and that social awkwardness equals laughing matter.

*edit, sorry, I strayed a little bit off topic here.

Quote: Tim Azure @ November 6 2012, 5:02 PM GMT

Morecambe's paper bag.

Good one.

the cheese in I'm alan partridge, "smell my cheese"
the vicar's hat, mistaken for grandad's hat in only fools and horses
bob fossels tape recorder in the mighty boosh

This is a cross between "best comedy prop" and sitcom "sitcom characters you never see":

Cassandra's urine sample which Albert confuses with apple juice.

Oh God, did that happen? I (thankfully) haven't seen that one.

You don't see nothing, Albert just says: "...and the apple juice tasted horrible!" and everybody knows what happened Laughing out loud