Looks a very promising and official sitcomp... Page 7

Think I mucked up my submission. I thought the guidelines suggested any 10 pages would do, so submitted an excerpt from the middle of the episode. It was my favourite bit but probably not enough character development etc. You live and learn.

Quote: Stevie D @ November 1 2012, 11:05 AM GMT

I thought the guidelines suggested any 10 pages would do, so submitted an excerpt from the middle of the episode.

Same here. Oops. Fingers crossed they'll run the competition again.

Well done, Martin H. Commiserations, Stott, but rest assured that you're one of my few BCG tips for future success.

Congrats Martin, good luck in the final stage. And commiserations Stott (Still in that top 2% :) )

Had my meeting with my mentor today, BAFTA winning writer Jon Brown. By far the best meeting I've ever had with an "industry expert". Such a nice guy and I got lots of useful advice and feedback and various insights. I've had talks with a couple of producers before, and while I've appreciated their feedback, there is nothing like speaking to an actual writer, someone that has worked their way up and had the experiences of working on other peoples shows, as well as their own shows.

Even if I don't win the overall competition, having that meeting was invaluable and it's given me plenty to think about regarding this particular script and future scripts.

Now to re-edit! :)

Quote: Martin H @ November 7 2012, 11:55 PM GMT

Had my meeting with my mentor today, BAFTA winning writer Jon Brown.

Ah, a fellow Northamptonian! Anyway, good luck, Martin.

Sent in my final edit today. The winner will be announced at the end of the month.

:)

Best of luck, Martin.

Good luck!

This looks amazing, can you submit as a group under one name?

Quote: JokePit @ November 16 2012, 3:54 PM GMT

This looks amazing, can you submit as a group under one name?

Deadline's already passed.

thats wank!!! are there any other opps like this?

Oh, Jokepit, you never get it right, do you?

Quote: David Bussell @ November 16 2012, 5:24 PM GMT

Oh, Jokepit, you never get it right, do you?

What? Wanking?

They announced a winner. Daniel Hobden.

http://www.shortlist.com/entertainment/sitcom-search-winner

Also a short sample of the winning script. Hard to tell much from such a short extract but it definitely looks promising