Doctor Who... Page 891

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/doctor-who/news/a432671/john-simm-on-doctor-who-return-id-take-the-master-to-dark-place.html

Quote: Nil Putters @ October 23 2012, 8:00 PM BST

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/doctor-who/news/a432671/john-simm-on-doctor-who-return-id-take-the-master-to-dark-place.html

Love this quote -

The 42-year-old hinted that he was not entirely happy with his portrayal in previous episodes, adding: "I started annoying myself after a while. [Then-showrunner] Russell T Davies had a specific idea of what he wanted him to be like. So I just had to do exactly what he wanted me to, and he wanted a giggling lunatic."

It's the collaborative process that really makes it work. Whistling nnocently

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ October 23 2012, 9:25 PM BST

Love this quote -

The 42-year-old hinted that he was not entirely happy with his portrayal in previous episodes, adding: "I started annoying myself after a while. [Then-showrunner] Russell T Davies had a specific idea of what he wanted him to be like. So I just had to do exactly what he wanted me to, and he wanted a giggling lunatic."

It's the collaborative process that really makes it work. Whistling nnocently

A masterclass in acting

Just a quick hint Pingl, if you are going to quote, watch out for the actual number of quotation marks - it makes the BB Code have a spaz. That's why my quote wasn't in the neat little box.

(BTW, it took me months to figure this out and no one told me what I was doing wrong, because the BCG is full of clique-y bastardos)

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ October 23 2012, 9:31 PM BST

Just a quick hint Pingl, if you are going to quote, watch out for the actual number of quotation marks - it makes the BB Code have a spaz. That's why my quote wasn't in the neat little box.

(BTW, it took me months to figure this out and no one told me what I was doing wrong, because the BCG is full of clique-y bastardos)

I wondered why that kept happening, modern life is rubbish! Thanks :)

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ October 23 2012, 9:31 PM BST

Shut up there is no clique.

Now write "there is no clique" in your own bodily excretions a 1000 times.

Quote: sootyj @ October 23 2012, 9:37 PM BST

Shut up there is no clique.

Now write "there is no clique" in your own bodily excretions a 1000 times.

I already have it tattooed Memento style on my skin.*

*Never pass out drunk next to Booo.

No that's the court ordered tattoo

"If you can see this tattoo call the police and ask them to bring the extra big tazer"

Quote: sootyj @ October 23 2012, 9:45 PM BST

No that's the court ordered tattoo

"If you can see this tattoo call the police and ask them to bring the extra big tazer"

If I push my belly together, the police bring me an extra big Tizer.

John Simm was a demented and poor take on the Master.

The triple-parter with the Master was the highlight of that whole series for me (human heads in floating metal balls, woohoo). I thought he was good, very different to the other Masters. Manic, but not too manic imo, but if he went darker with it that could be interesting.

Just a point... I'd have thought all of the episodes for series 7 would have been made by now. But he wants to do an episode with Moffat, who is retiring after this series.

John Simm's Master was f**king brilliant. And worked perfectly with Tennant's Doctor.

John Simm was great because John Simm is great.

But the master as a giggling lunatic was not great.

What was odd was how great the Derick Jacoby version was.

Quote: sootyj @ October 24 2012, 9:39 PM BST

John Simm was great because John Simm is great.

But the master as a giggling lunatic was not great.

What was odd was how great the Derick Jacoby version was.

I must admit I thought that, Jacoby displayed sinister in a beautifully underplayed way, I'd have much preferred it if he had carried on. I like Simm but it was too much, the Master was always quite mannered and that's what made his madness even more scary.

I mean the Master as Harold Saxon a kind of super evil Tony Blair was rather good when he was killing his cabinet and dancing to the scissor sisters. But it was a short lived charm that was overplayed to the point of being f**king annoying when he turned into a sort of evil Zebedee.