Getting On - Series 3

I couldn't find a thread for this. Is anyone watching? And if so are people enjoying it?
I really liked the first episode.

This seems to be 'officially' a comedy drama rather than a sitcom, but I find myself surprised by how much I enjoy it. It's not particularly funny but the storytelling is good and aside from camera work that makes my eyes hurt, it's really quite a pleasant (if not somewhat bleak) series to watch and get a little lost in.

Can't think I'd ever be inspired to buy a DVD, mind.

I'm watching it. Loved it since episode one, series one. The casting is spot on. Where do they find those old ladies from?

I think there are lots of laughs, they just aren't traditional jokes. The laughs for me come from little looks, delivery of seemingly normal lines, and the odd bit of cringe moments... The bit where Pippa is talking about vaginas and Africa to the black student and we see Hilary sitting in the corner made me burst out laughing.

My favourite current comedy, I think.

Quote: zooo @ October 24 2012, 2:50 PM BST

My favourite current comedy, I think.

Me too, on TV right now, that is.

Quote: Mr Carnegie @ October 24 2012, 3:10 PM BST

Me too, on TV right now, that is.

And mine. Last night's ep was good too. When Pippa chooses not to admit her mistake after confessing to fancying the new Doctor to his wife. And when she sees the picture of the woman her husband cheated on her with, it's the first time I've really felt sorry for Dr Moore. Brilliant from start to finish

Both episodes so far have been great. Lovely understated humour and performances all round.

When did it become de rigeur to film comedy programmes through a hidden camera concealed in the director's duffel bag?

Ha. I never notice shaky camera thingy.
Maybe I have a shaky brain.

Quote: zooo @ October 26 2012, 11:49 AM BST

Ha. I never notice shaky camera thingy.
Maybe I have a shaky brain.

Sometimes shaky cam bothers me, mainly during fight scenes in action films. But it seems fine in this. I can see Hilary Loftus going all Steven Seagal on a difficult patient (he talks a bit like him already), maybe then it will bother me.

Hilary is so scary. Even his name is scary. I'm sure he's going to go nuts at any second and kill everyone.

This series, although the doctor's bizarre vagina study is also hilarious, I really miss her poo chart...

A vagina study, eh? That sounds like something I could get in on...

Not when you find out it's vaginas of the over 60s. :(

SAD FACE.