The general pop/rock - music thread Page 2

Quote: Pingl @ October 20 2012, 1:08 PM BST

I'm not sure I could

Not even The Heavy - How You Like Me Now? from 2009 - which everyone, and I mean everyone, likes?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVzvRsl4rEM

Bah! How can you talk about music when you don't even listen to it anymore?

I'm outta here.

I heard what I assume is the new Stones song on the radio yesterday. Ironically, my first reaction was to grumble that it just sounded like a load of shouty noise.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ October 20 2012, 1:10 PM BST

Jagger's are mostly shit. With the exception of "Wandering Spirit" which has many Stones-worthy songs on it. They would have bettered the Bridges To Babylon album, which was overproduced imo.

To be honest I lost interest after Steel Wheels. They were never going to get anywhere near the magic of their earlier days. But I think they really think of themselves now as a Live band. I wanted to see Ronnie Wood in the 'The Faces' reunion until Mick Hucknell replaced Rod Stewart, Just wrong!

No sir

I don't like it

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ October 20 2012, 1:12 PM BST

Not even The Heavy - How You Like Me Now? from 2009 - which everyone, and I mean everyone, likes?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVzvRsl4rEM

Bah! How can you talk about music when you don't even listen to it anymore?

I'm outta here.

this sounds cutting edge, or do I mean very familiar and done better before by James Brown. You youg'ns :P

Music , decent music, officially died around 1994

Dead

All dead

Anything made after that date isn't music - it's bollocks

I feel sorry for kids/teens today

When I was their age there was still lots of great stuff around that still sounds great now, twenty years later

Will they feel the same way about the utter f**king crap that gets puked up nowadays ?

Pah

Lol, there's plenty of great music out there, you just can't be lazy. You have to go and look for it. If you expect to find great music in the charts then obviously you'll be disappointed.

Quote: Pingl @ October 20 2012, 1:15 PM BST

this sounds cutting edge, or do I mean very familiar and done better before by James Brown. You youg'ns :P

I deliberately chose a song which even the most archaic and stubborn amongst you could enjoy from recent years and this is how it's received? You Pingl-berry. ;)

Quote: lofthouse @ October 20 2012, 1:22 PM BST

Music , decent music, officially died around 1994

Remarkably close to the time that lofthouse turned 30? Whistling nnocently

Here's one RCP might like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xEaEALzyJo

The Incredible String Band. My favourites.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ October 20 2012, 1:47 PM BST

I deliberately chose a song which even the most archaic and stubborn amongst you could enjoy from recent years and this is how it's received? You Pingl-berry. ;)

Remarkably close to the time that lofthouse turned 30? Whistling nnocently

pingl - berry, pingl - berry rock - I like it? was it by the swinging blue jeans?

One question:

What happened to Skunk Anansie?

Was a big fan and have seen them live many times.

The last two albums were lacking an edge and sounded dated straight out of the box! The first two albums they made still sound fresh to me. Strange!

Quote: Bob Hicks @ October 20 2012, 2:22 PM BST

One question:

The last two albums were lacking an edge and sounded dated straight out of the box! The first two albums they made still sound fresh to me. Strange!

hair today gone tomorrow

Best Stones album imo: Get Yer Ya Yas Out.

Quote: Bob Hicks @ October 20 2012, 2:22 PM BST

One question:

Quote: Pingl @ October 20 2012, 2:22 PM BST

hair today gone tomorrow

Maybe it was the new memorabilia that they released?

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ October 20 2012, 12:59 PM BST

So this doesn't turn into an old man circle jerk, with crusty out of touch mutha fudgers going on about Steppenwolf and the Isle of Wight Festival and prog friggin' rock, here be something a bit more modern.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPukW1u7rPk

Willy Moon - Yeah, Yeah - caught his performance last night on Jools Holland and thought he was excellent.

*shit, just found out it's being used in the latest Apple iPod advert, so it's no longer cool*

Prog friggin Rock? Ooh yes please!