TV Review of the Year: 2011 Page 3

Rev
Rab C (most of it)
Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle
HIGNFY
QI when Jimmy Carr isn't on or that stupid f**king puppet woman
Psychoville 2
First 2 episodes of Life's Too Short before it completely crashed & burned.
Blimey, I'm struggling...

Burnistoun was my find of the year I reckon. That and buying Armando Ianucci's 2006 "Time Trumpet", haha.

Disagree on American stuff. Family Guy is losing its edge. American Dad has tipped over the edge when they (non-ironically) have to bring in a f**king koala bear as a new character. Stopped watching it. Cleveland Show, first 2 series, I did enjoy.

Quote: Paulcuz @ January 11 2012, 2:27 PM GMT

Disagree on American stuff. Family Guy is losing its edge. American Dad has tipped over the edge when they (non-ironically) have to bring in a f**king koala bear as a new character. Stopped watching it. Cleveland Show, first 2 series, I did enjoy.

Parks And Rec
Modern Family
30 Rock
It's Always Sunny
Curb
Community
Louie

There's some great current ones right there.

The highlights were mostly American for me. It's Always Sunny, Curb and The League (thanks again MTpromises) were all on top form.

Domestically, only PhoneShop and Shooting Stars consistently made me laugh. Not a vintage year.

Festive family comedy drama Lapland had one of the funniest performances over Christmas- Julie Graham with some great sour faced moaning one liners.

Does Guy Hamilton's Hacks count as it was on New Year's Day. Subtle and considered it wasn't but it hit well deserved targets all round.

Loads of good casting including Michael Kitchen in the Murdoch role and Kayan Novak just needing to repeat his Phonejack persona to play a convincing Maz Mahmood figure. Good to see Russ Abbot turn up as well as a piss poor plod two steps behind.

We don't plan that far ahead :), but yes I strongly suspect there'll be an article again for 2012.

To answer your third question, Spy is back on Friday and I believe Blandings is still a possibility for debut before 2013. There may very well also be a new series launch at Christmas as was the case with The Royal Bodyguard; on the non-sitcom front, the fourth series of Harry & Paul is due to start in a few weeks' time, and I'm quite sure there's something else I've forgotten about too.

Harry and Paul returns a week Sunday.

After Me and Mrs Jones finishes, there are still 5 more Fridays before Christmas so I expect either Blandings or Miranda will air in those slots and finish during the festive period, more than likely to be Blandings.

And Peep Show is back November 9th.

Miranda only just finished filming (unless it's still going on; too lazy to check) so it's highly unlikely to be that.

The last Miranda series was filmed a few weeks later in the year than this year's series but Series 2 had finished airing by the 20th December. The series began on BBC Two just a week after the last episode had been filmed.

It seems fairly conceivable that Series 3 could easily start airing in November but I think the Beeb will hold it back until Christmas or even New Year's Day and run it alongside Mrs. Brown's Boys next January.

Yes, and IIRC there were quite some problems in making sure it was ready in time, which rather makes me suspect they will not be trying to do that again.

In any case, unless the situation has changed, people have actually said that it is supposed to start around Christmas.

Maybe the first episode will be on Christmas day, that would be a nice present.

Quote: Aaron @ October 17 2012, 7:25 PM BST

We don't plan that far ahead :), but yes I strongly suspect there'll be an article again for 2012.

To answer your third question, Spy is back on Friday and I believe Blandings is still a possibility for debut before 2013. There may very well also be a new series launch at Christmas as was the case with The Royal Bodyguard; on the non-sitcom front, the fourth series of Harry & Paul is due to start in a few weeks' time, and I'm quite sure there's something else I've forgotten about too.

Really looking forward to Blandings, my favourite Wodehouse series, however they'll have their work cut out beating Ralph Richardson as Lord Emsworth