Red Planet prize Page 5

Quote: evan rubivellian @ February 1 2012, 4:46 PM GMT

I'm through to the next round.

Well done mate! :)

Thanks guys. Personally, I think it's a massive clerical error on the part of Red Planet, but I've got the email notification so I'm holding them to their word!

Well done.

Riley slinks off to rip up the further seven eps that are now redundant.

Congrats Evan and Angus, good luck with round 2!

Got my rejection too. Don't feel too bad, as I actually (eventually) came up with an idea I quite like. It was a rushed job though, so the rejection's fair enough.

Still - I think I may turn it into an hour-long anyway and Red Planet be damned!

Thanks guys.

Have the semi-finalists been announced for this prize? Was told they'd announce on the 23rd of April. Did anyone in the 2nd round hear back?

On Danny Stack's blog he said that they'd been delayed but expect to hear something next week.

Well, that's me out. Made it into the top 100 but no further. Off to kill my brain with alcohol and cry bitter tears of failure.

Never mind Evan - still an achievement. Well done.

Frantically: Thanks, mate, much appreciated!

Anyhoo, alcohol and crying didn't work. I'll just have to get back to writing! If anyone fancies having a read of my entry, please PM me. I'd like to get some feedback.

Below is a quick description:-

"Angels and Devils"--a 16th Century X-Files featuring the Mage and Mathematician, John Dee, who is investigating otherworldly phenomenon on behalf of Queen Elizabeth I.

As you might have guessed it's not a comedy, but there are humourous moments.

With Red Planet out of the way, does anyone have any ideas for other TV production companies that welcome scripts?

That's me out too.

Now, where's that shredder....?

Quote: evan rubivellian @ May 9 2012, 8:18 AM BST

Frantically: Thanks, mate, much appreciated!

Anyhoo, alcohol and crying didn't work. I'll just have to get back to writing! If anyone fancies having a read of my entry, please PM me. I'd like to get some feedback.

Below is a quick description:-

"Angels and Devils"--a 16th Century X-Files featuring the Mage and Mathematician, John Dee, who is investigating otherworldly phenomenon on behalf of Queen Elizabeth I.

As you might have guessed it's not a comedy, but there are humourous moments.

With Red Planet out of the way, does anyone have any ideas for other TV production companies that welcome scripts?

I think Red Production Company have an open submission thing.

Sky accept pitches, not sure if you can send the script straight off.

Just browsing on their site and I see they've announced a 2012 winner. I never knew they'd opened one this year.

That's the same competition that started last year.

I think the next one might be announced before the end of the year.