Jimmy Savile Page 20

Quote: Marc P @ October 9 2012, 1:12 PM BST

Seems 'joking' on the internet is not always a wise idea meanwhile. http://uk.news.yahoo.com/man-admits-offensive-april-facebook-posts-124921397.html

And of course the bloke gets the ubiquitous vigilante mob threatening to break his door down.

I was talking to a bloke - otherwise a reasonable sort of guy - who said he would personally pour acid over the guy who did whatever he did to that poor girl.
He absolutely meant it.

I think you are either capable of that level of cruelty or you're are not and the line between the mob and the perpetrator is a very thin and fuzzy one.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ October 9 2012, 1:21 PM BST

Unfortunately, the kind of proof you require would probably land you in the clink as well.

Proof from the victim would suffice. An explicit letter from Jimmy, a pair of his stained underpants, etc. Something tangible.

That could be a faked letter and something taken from his laundry basket. I don't think you're cut out for police work.

I mean when he was a libidinous youth gayness was thoroughly illegal.

So when the law was repealed for all he knew at the time, the age of consent could have been 12.

So it could be argued he made a bad judgement call. In the 60s he would have gone to prison for screwing a middleaged man.

nb the Dutch are considering upping their age of consent.

Quote: don rushmore @ October 9 2012, 1:32 PM BST

Proof from the victim would suffice. An explicit letter from Jimmy, a pair of his stained underpants, etc. Something tangible.

Sounds like the most depressing episode of Midsommer Murders ever.

Quote: zooo @ October 9 2012, 1:33 PM BST

That could be a faked letter and something taken from his laundry basket. I don't think you're cut out for police work.

Well, I used to work as a police sketch artist. So we'll disagree on that. The letter would need verifying of course.

Quote: sootyj @ October 9 2012, 1:34 PM BST

Sounds like the most depressing episode of Midsommer Murders ever.

:D

I bet you could do a mean drawing of some pants.

Are you offering to model them?

http://theantifeminist.com/dutch-feminists-increase-minimum-age-of-prostitution-to-21/

interesting other perspective

Quote: sootyj @ October 9 2012, 1:52 PM BST

http://theantifeminist.com/dutch-feminists-increase-minimum-age-of-prostitution-to-21/

If by interesting you mean skin-crawling, then yes.

Quote: sootyj @ October 9 2012, 1:34 PM BST

I mean when he was a libidinous youth gayness was thoroughly illegal.

So when the law was repealed for all he knew at the time, the age of consent could have been 12.

a) you're suggesting that an actively gay male didn't know what the gay age of consent at the time was, so therefore being 4 years under the most recent age of consent (and 9 under the one at the time) is ok?

b) that not f**king children has anything to do with it being against the law. Not...that....they...are...children. lol.

You're just trolling with that dutch thing

Erm no I'm not trolling, it's just interesting that the trend of late in europe has been to up the age of consent.

In response to other points.

1 There was no gay age of consent as homosexuality it's self was illegal.

2 The concept of f**king children, involves what is the legal definition of childhood.

I do wish some people would do a little basic Google or wikiing before presenting their ignorance to all, like a proud cat with a dead pigeon.

Quote: sootyj @ October 9 2012, 1:52 PM BST

Are you offering to model them?

That is really vile stuff. Again, another hoary old pervert using the 'fact' that it was all the rage back in ye olden days as an excuse is pathetic.

I think the author's emotional and sexual maturity should be raised to the age of 21.

Having just reread that article.

Sootyj now apologises and sincerely promises to never, ever post an article again he has only given a cursory scan to,

Quote: sootyj @ October 9 2012, 2:21 PM BST

Erm no I'm not trolling, it's just interesting that the trend of late in europe has been to up the age of consent.

In response to other points.

1 There was no gay age of consent as homosexuality it's self was illegal.

Firstly, the age of consent for gay sex in the 1980s when the events are alleged to have occurred was 21, it having been legalised in 1967.

2 The concept of f**king children, involves what is the legal definition of childhood.

Most psychologists would put the age where childhood ends and young adulthood begins at 17/18. Certainly, in terms of abuse, that's where the line is drawn.

I've done a lot of work in the area and to be honest, have quite an extensive history of abuse I've work through, thanks.

Legally, see age of consent. Again, one of the boys he copped off with was 14.

I do wish some people would do a little basic Google or wikiing before presenting their ignorance to all, like a proud cat with a dead pigeon.

:D Good one

So you're the current straight/gay age of consent of 16 is too young?

Interesting.

And as for Jonathon King he is one ancient f**k. Most of his hits musical and otherwise in the 1960s when gayness was illegal.

nb sorry to hear about your background.

Quote: sootyj @ October 9 2012, 3:22 PM BST

So you're the current straight/gay age of consent of 16 is too young?

Frankly I am inclined to think that everyone should have to wear chastity belts until they are thirty.