Fool Britannia

Any thoughts on this series?

Personally I would rank it a lot lower than Trigger Happy TV (obviously) but higher than World Shut Your Mouth. All much cosier than the previous 2 shows but not too bad.

Higher than ' World Shut Your Mouth'... can't agree with you there.

It's good to see what Dom Joly does best, and ' Fool Brittania' isn't bad. Though in saying that there is no need for the canned laughter or the commentary from Joly himself between sketches.

My favourite character if I had to choose would be the asbo vicar, but even he is becoming a tad annoying now.

Overall 5/10..

Agree with the canned laughter. Watched 15 mins of it and enjoyed it but tuned out because of the laughter track.

I have produced a range of laughter tracks that contain specific comments that can be audibly but convincingly heard. These can be hired by the hour for thirty six pound.

All tracks are available in various local accents from a slow Wiltshire drawl to a heavy smoker gruff Glaswegian titter

Tracks include:

"This is brilliant"

"Now that's funny!" track contains a leg slap

"This guys wacky"

"How do they think of this stuff?"

"It's so real that could be me!"

We also supply coach loads of SAGA lout pensioners who will sit and watch anything and clap like seals on the off chance of a plate of triangular ham buttys.

Sadly we have been forced to withdraw our prop hire range after disturbing usage of both the inflatable banana and the now heavily stained Wonder Woman outfit.

We also have a discreet section for comic trusses and suspiciously lumpy underwear, please PM for link.

...there is no need for the canned laughter or the commentary from Joly himself between sketches.

This.

The commentary and laughter track made the whole thing seem kind of lame.

Quote: SimonWing @ September 29 2012, 10:27 AM BST

This.

The commentary and laughter track made the whole thing seem kind of lame.

Its so grotesque I can't take my eyes off it. I actually laughed out loud at the town cryer bit, mind you I do have a fever.

sadly I am still enjoying this. I keep laughing against my better judgement :$