Jimmy Savile Page 10

Quote: Bob Hicks @ October 5 2012, 1:47 AM BST

I don't think all the outrage is to do with the age of the girls. The way he got what he wanted was rape and abuse. Stories about Led Zeppelin, Bowie, etc would surface if they too were nasty pieces of work.

According to a review I read of a new biography of Zep, with the exception of Plant, they really were. And I think Angie has spoken about how sexually manipulative Bowie was.

Kind of sums it up nicely. So so wrong. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CGuSqSSmyy0#!

Might not wanna click this at work (or turn volume down)

I really don't understand the point people are making. If we take this retrospective view of the times that Savile operated in, we could by extension say slavery was acceptable and understandable given the times. I don't think anyone would think that was justifiable. Let's not offer up any excuses for what this man did, and this may only be the tip of the iceberg, when maybe some actually living people might be brought to book.

Quote: Tursiops @ October 5 2012, 11:38 AM BST

And I think Angie has spoken about how sexually manipulative Bowie was.

I did no such thing! :O

Quote: Pingl @ October 5 2012, 12:35 PM BST

slavery was acceptable and understandable given the times.

Damn right!

There're more accusations coming out of the BBC. Apparantly, Rod Hull was caught with his hand up some young bird.

Excerpts from Ed 'Stewpot' Stewart's autobiography:

"I met my wife when she was 13, in 1970..." P.146 (He was 34 at this point)

"...my wife started on my stomach - and nothing else! - when she was 13..." P.147

"I arrived (at her parents) at 7pm and was greeted at the door by what I can only describe as a 13 year old apparition! She was simply stunning." (P147)

"...(the following year, so 14 now) I travelled to Italy to see her. I had just split from Eve Graham of The New Seekers and so, as the song goes, I was "Free Again"! P153 He marries the poor girl when she is 17. Elsewhere -

"We played a charity football match at a girls' school in Lingfield. After the match we visited some of the boarders, who were mostly epileptic. The pupils had just reached puberty and the girls wouldn't let us out of the dormitory. We had to be rescued by the staff!" (P 177)

I don't see what a consensual relationship at 13 has to do with abuse at 13?

It doesn't matter how many examples of a 13 yr old having a romantic or sexual relationship you can find. It has no bearing on whether a bunch of entirely different 13 year olds were abused or not.

The girls in the Savile case are saying they were abused, not that they fell in love with the old freak.

(Not actually directed at TopBanana! Just generally at the thread.)

Good point, Zooo.

My point was that here's this Radio 1 star of the 70s being so frank/unwise about something clearly a bit strange.

Quote: zooo @ October 5 2012, 6:57 PM BST

I don't see what a consensual relationship at 13 has to do with abuse at 13?

It doesn't matter how many examples of a 13 yr old having a romantic or sexual relationship you can find. It has no bearing on whether a bunch of entirely different 13 year olds were abused or not.

The girls in the Savile case are saying they were abused, not that they fell in love with the old freak.

(Not actually directed at TopBanana! Just generally at the thread.)

Hello zooo. I was a bit confused with the documentary, I personally don't understand why they kept going back. Once is a case of rape and abuse; 9 times is a relationship. I think any man of age being with a 13 year old is a disgrace, but I personally think there are a few of these Savile cases which are let's say, and I hate saying this, it took two to tango.

Well, anything's possible!

But have you seen Jimmy Savile? Speaking as someone who was once a 13 year old girl... just, no.

Sorry? Someone can't be raped nine times? Even in a 'relationship'? Especially if they're underage and incredibly vulnerable? It doesn't make it not abuse if a minor resembles an adult, thinks they know what they're doing and even acts like they know what they're doing. The reason much older men taking advantage of teenage girls (and sometimes vice versa) is abuse, is because of the very nature of being a teenager- wanting to prove you're an adult but having f**k all genuine maturity or life experience or emotional intelligence. Getting off on that is twisted. Knowing full well that your actions won't be believed if reported because you've targeted particular children who may be more prone to being impressed by material goods and any attention is f**ked up.

I'm checking out of this thread before it becomes 'AJGO repeatedly posts f**king furious rants that veer away from the topic of Savile' but maybe you could research the definition of rape, or read some victims accounts of what happened to them and in what circumstances, or check out definitions and guidance in the law and of supporting organisations.

Was there a market for Ed 'Stewpot' Stewart's autobiography?

How do we fit all this together with the girl and teacher who ran away?

I don't know, if it's not this thread at the top, it's "let's all play a game"
They are both as bad as each other.