Your favourite comedy writers

Who are your favourite UK comedy writers at the moment? And why? Do you even care? Have at it!

It's you Lee all you.

Quote: sootyj @ September 11 2012, 12:59 PM BST

It's you Lee all you.

Aw balls, I've just found another thread "Greatest Comedy Writers". Ah well.

Lee Henman. Absolute genius.

I think you'll find it's 'Sir' Lee Henman, Absolute Genius.

Lord Sir Lee Henman king of the north east, master of the quip, slayer of beers, tickler of funny bones, doer of deeds, righter of wrongs, last king of Scotland and official court Jester to the court of St James.

Lord Sir Lee Henman king of the north east, master of the quip, slayer of beers, tickler of funny bones, doer of deeds, righter of wrongs, last king of Scotland and official court Jester to the court of St James.

So true you said it twice.

Well if this thread is going to carry on I'll kick off.

Graham Linehan because he's consistently made me laugh in every comedy he's been involved in.

Craig Cash and Caroline Ahearne for making me feel warm and fuzzy and also making me laugh.

Ben Elton and Richard Curtis for creating the masterpiece that is Blackadder. I don't care what your thoughts are on stuff they've created since, they made Blackadder. End of.

Grant & Naylor for being stupidly-clever and creating some of the best one-liners in comedy, ever.

Oh, I thought you meant now, rather than generally.

Okay, here's a few:

Graham Linehan; incredible hit rate.

Grant & Naylor; Red Dwarf was the first sitcom I loved.

Armando Iannucci; Partridge, Day Today, VEEP, Thick Of It; he may always be part of a writing team, but that sort of quality can't be coincidence.

Simon Pegg and Julia Hynes; Spaced. A perfect sitcom, wish they'd write together again.

Peter Baynam has a pretty impressive record.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0063165/

If we are talking currently active comedy writers, I do no think anyone holds a torch to Andy Hamilton: Drop The Dead Donkey, Old Harry's Game, Trevor's World of Sport, Bedtime, the glorious Underworld, Outnumbered...

George Meyer. http://www.snpp.com/other/interviews/meyer00.html

Quote: Tursiops @ September 11 2012, 3:56 PM BST

If we are talking currently active comedy writers, I do no think anyone holds a torch to Andy Hamilton: Drop The Dead Donkey, Old Harry's Game, Trevor's World of Sport, Bedtime, the glorious Underworld, Outnumbered...

:D :D :D

It has to be Cotter!

The question posed was 'your favourite comedy writers at he moment'.

Well, they're the same as they've always been. Galton and Simpson, Perry/Croft, John Sullivan etc etc.

Quote: Oldrocker @ September 29 2012, 10:40 PM BST

The question posed was 'your favourite comedy writers at he moment'.

Well, they're the same as they've always been. Cotter and Cotter, Cotter/Cotter, Cotter Cotter etc etc.

Reading you loud and clear!