Cuckoo - Series 1

What an abysmal show. It is sad to see such talent wasted. They should have given the hippie job to a proper British actor instead of some second rate American actor. I'm sure there are many British actors that need the work. BBC Three, you have cancelled good and bad shows better than this.

Downloading it now. Read few mixed reviews so let's see...

This had every cliche in the book and was bereft of humour an absolute disgrace in my book!

Quote: Jezzer @ September 26 2012, 5:16 AM BST

What an abysmal show. It is sad to see such talent wasted. They should have given the hippie job to a proper British actor instead of some second rate American actor. I'm sure there are many British actors that need the work. BBC Three, you have cancelled good and bad shows better than this.

I haven't seen the show but I will say from what I know about Andy Samberg that he's a long way from being second rate. SNL Digital Shorts, Hot Rod, Lonely Island - the list goes on and on...

Why oh why has Greg Davies done this? He should have just stayed with the We Are Klang, which I for one loved.

Abysmal? I loved it!

Great cast. Lots of laughs. I can't wait for episode two.

Quote: Nigel Ball @ September 26 2012, 11:47 AM BST

Why oh why has Greg Davies done this? He should have just stayed with the We Are Klang, which I for one loved.

Which version?

Well, I liked it.

I'll give it another go next week, but it was a pretty uninspiring start.

That hippy routine is old...or maybe it's new to the youngsters who hang out on BBC Three and I'm just too past it to realise.

Maybe I'm a simpleton and never knew it before, but wasn't expecting too much from this and laughed pretty constantly throughout...only thing missing is a visual gag where Helen Baxendale's character has to put specs on every time she needs to see Greg Davies' face!

I thought it seemed alright.
I've seen worse.
& I did laugh once or twice.

I liked the bit where Greg said she'd raped them. I also liked Tyger's character.
There were funny bits, but the annoying character almost annoyed me so much that I didn't want to watch it. Always a risk.

My girlfriend laughed too - maybe it's just me.

I sympathised with the Greg Davies character too much, so it was hard to find it funny - I just wanted him to kick freeloader out! I was the same with the irritating daughter and her obnoxious boyfriend in Lead Balloon.

I've seen worse.

But is that enough? The writers have been given the chance we all crave and this is what they finished up with.
Imagine the polishing angst and hours you would spend if you knew that your script was commissioned and was being filmed.
I'm positive you wouldn't have settled for a few laughs!

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ September 26 2012, 7:15 PM BST

I've seen worse.

I like how this is laid out like a poem.