This Glorious Monster Page 2

Quote: Marc P @ September 14 2012, 12:02 PM BST

Watched the first one and as my friend Larry would say, pretty pretty pretty good!

Thanks - I hope you think the second one is as good.

Just watched the second, I liked the punch, but if I am honest it could do with a mighty trim for a sketch. Get that razor blade working in FCP or what you use and trim would be my advice, the beginning particularly, with the big entrance etc. In my fatuous opinion less is more here, rein your man in a bit. The comedy is coming from the absurdity juxtaposed with the normal so his performance should be more to the normal than the absurd if you see what I mean??

Both look the bollocks mind!
Marc

Quote: Marc P @ September 14 2012, 12:12 PM BST

Just watched the second, I liked the punch, but if I am honest it could do with a mighty trim for a sketch. Get that razor blade working in FCP or what you use and trim would be my advice, the beginning particularly, with the big entrance etc. In my fatuous opinion less is more here, rein your man in a bit. The comedy is coming from the absurdity juxtaposed with the normal so his performance should be more to the normal than the absurd if you see what I mean??

Both look the bollocks mind!
Marc

Noted - Thanks

Again enjoyable, good performances, maybe drags its length a bit towards the end.

First visit to the forums in ages - really liked this. Well shot, well written and very well acted - demonstrates a really good understanding of good editing & script - clever camera angles too. I've subscribed to your channel, so I can revel in smugness when you guys go on to bigger things.

It could do with a bit of trimming to keep the pace up - think you might have suffered the temptation to overrun a bit, which happens when you put a lot of work into it.

As pretentious as quoting things is - I've always like Samuel Johnsons "I would have written you a shorter letter, but I didn't have time".

Congrats though and as has been pointed out elsewhere, put on a short skirt and start whoring this out to producers.

Number three in the series:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vex0UrtUDy8

Quote: comedyoflife @ September 19 2012, 10:22 AM BST

First visit to the forums in ages - really liked this. Well shot, well written and very well acted - demonstrates a really good understanding of good editing & script - clever camera angles too. I've subscribed to your channel, so I can revel in smugness when you guys go on to bigger things.

It could do with a bit of trimming to keep the pace up - think you might have suffered the temptation to overrun a bit, which happens when you put a lot of work into it.

As pretentious as quoting things is - I've always like Samuel Johnsons "I would have written you a shorter letter, but I didn't have time".

Congrats though and as has been pointed out elsewhere, put on a short skirt and start whoring this out to producers.

Much appreciated - thanks

Third one took the average down for me I'm afraid. You could make that script a lot tighter, it's pretty flabby - for instance no-one needs to explain what good cop bad cop actually is. The performances were still OK, but there wasn't a twist, more of an extension on the theme when it came to a punchline, which then (for me anyway) lacked true impact i.e. Good cop gets married is an extension, not a twist, it's more of an "ohh" than a "ha!"

Good cop/Bad cop has been spoofed 1000 times, tough to bring anything new to that turn of phrase - so needs real thought.

Still looks and feels beautiful though, keep going - I'm enjoying them.

The fourth one in the series:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM9ossDDVWg&feature=plcp

Thanks for all the comments.

I enjoyed both of these.
i still think a little more discipline in the edit would pay dividends, but they all have a wonderful dark tone.
Impeccably shot and performed, as ever.

Quote: Lazzard @ September 27 2012, 12:40 PM BST

I enjoyed both of these.
i still think a little more discipline in the edit would pay dividends, but they all have a wonderful dark tone.
Impeccably shot and performed, as ever.

Thanks for those words Lazzard.

Maybe it's because I don't have a client telling what to do in the edit!

Quote: MrsPipe @ September 27 2012, 12:46 PM BST

Thanks for those words Larry.

Maybe it's because I don't have a client telling what to do in the edit!

Well, they couldn't complain about the size and length of the logo!

Didn't really like the third one, sorry. The fourth one I liked but could be trimmed as Lazzard suggests, and it was crying out for the burglar being taken up the Gunton from outside after make up and wig was on - and then the punch - maybe the wife coming in with a zinger line or somesuch. All looks great. :) Good luck with them all.

Here's the latest in a new wave of sketches by This Glorious Monster:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZMHNdo0BYI

Enjoy!