Comedy World Cup

This is meant to be like 'Question of Sport' for comedy fans, but OH MY GOD it is bad!!! The games are bland and pointless that even the good comedian captains can't make it better, the contestants are generally unfunny and I don't get why David Tennant is a host of a comedy programme? It#'s like Micky Flanagan hosting 'Question Time'. I am very disappointed by this programme - am I alone on this?

I've only seen the first ep. I thought it moved very slowly, but the idea of it is good. And I like the ideas they had for rounds.
Basically it has potential, but needs to get a bit better.

Quote: zooo @ September 23 2012, 8:35 PM BST

I've only seen the first ep. I thought it moved very slowly, but the idea of it is good. And I like the ideas they had for rounds.
Basically it has potential, but needs to get a bit better.

Yep, agree that is why I was so disappointed :/

Hopefully it'll get better as it goes along! Or will get a second series and the chance to change a few things.

To be honest, it's geeky and about comedy so I'm just really happy it exists.

It is like Question of Sport except I can answer most of the questions instead of none of them.

I thought the second episode was an improvement on the first. Am looking forward to next week, it has Barry God-of-comedy Cryer!

Quote: youngian @ September 24 2012, 5:17 PM BST

It is like Question of Sport except I can answer most of the questions instead of none of them.

Ha, yes exactly.

I'm not that hard to please but, David Tennant? And that bloody horrible spoon-in-mouth-Anglo/scrote Scottish accent! Let's not stop there ....watching Philllll (when exactly was I funny?) Jupiter denegrating Barry Cryer (a man who helped form proper comedy as we now know it) with an "ageist" joke! Unbelievable......nope, sorry, miserable fail......bin this farce now please ...or at least eject Juniper from it....lest it turn into an instant fast forward of NMTB episode 5000003.

Sorry, but nahhhhhhhhhh!
Wales

I enjoyed it!

Not my cup of tea. Watched about 10 minutes. Vegas is only funny in small doses, Jupitas likewise.

Quote: stu Graham @ September 29 2012, 10:07 PM BST

I'm not that hard to please but, David Tennant? And that bloody horrible spoon-in-mouth-Anglo/scrote Scottish accent! Let's not stop there ....watching Philllll (when exactly was I funny?) Jupiter denegrating Barry Cryer (a man who helped form proper comedy as we now know it) with an "ageist" joke! Unbelievable......nope, sorry, miserable fail......bin this farce now please ...or at least eject Juniper from it....lest it turn into an instant fast forward of NMTB episode 5000003.

Sorry, but nahhhhhhhhhh!
Wales

Glad you agree...btw I'm guessing from the Dragon you are from Wales??? Ditto! :)

Quote: Georgie777 @ September 30 2012, 12:28 AM BST

Glad you agree...btw I'm guessing from the Dragon you are from Wales??? Ditto! :)

Orrrr are you from Scotland? Confused.com :/ x

Right on both counts.....a Scotsman with a love of Wales. Two countries which measure annual rainfall in metres, not millimetres.
Best not get too patriotic though, might get judged for my original post!

This is such an awfully lightweight, ropey series - but I love it because I know the answers. Hashtag sadmanonachair.

Yeah, like you I know all the answers. And I too enjoy shouting them along with the show, but the trouble is that about halfway through it does make me start a long pitiful rant about how I should be on the show and not the bunch of celebrity twats the researchers managed to Google the agents for.

Anyone else think the Chuckle Brothers are going to make a comeback after their appearance on this show?

Quote: Agnes Guano @ October 6 2012, 9:32 PM BST

Yeah, like you I know all the answers. And I too enjoy shouting them along with the show, but the trouble is that about halfway through it does make me start a long pitiful rant about how I should be on the show and not the bunch of celebrity twats the researchers managed to Google the agents for.

If only they'd done even that much. The producers are the agents for half of the guests.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ October 9 2012, 1:40 AM BST

Anyone else think the Chuckle Brothers are going to make a comeback after their appearance on this show?

Comeback implies that they've ever left! I don't think there's been a new series of ChuckleVision for a few years, granted, but they're still doing panto, and still going out on tour across the country.