Jokes for charity

Apologies if this seems a bit crass, especially since I'm very new here, but I could do with your help.

A friend of mine came up with the idea to compile a joke book via Twitter with the proceeds going to mental health charity, Sane. All the details can be found here - https://tweehee.wordpress.com/ - and there's a facebook page here - https://www.facebook.com/TweeHeeforSane - but essentially the message is this; we need jokes.

If you have a Twitter account you can post your jokes there. Use the tag #TweeHee and we'll see them
They don't have to be clean or new but they can't be racist or sexist. Again, full details are over on the website. Obviously we don't want to be accused of plagiarism either, so make the jokes your own or really old.

As it's for charity nobody is being paid for this, but if your joke ends up in the book you'll get a credit (most likely your Twitter name) next to your gag.

We'd also love to get some celebs involved in this so if anyone has any contacts they could talk into donating a joke, that would be very helpful. We've had an armful from David Quantick but every little helps, as they say.

So that's it, apologies once more if I seem to be hijacking the forum for my own reasons but we could really do with some help.

Now I'm off to drink tea and eat buns until the gin gets here.
Bidet.

Nope entirely by the book

Ill send you a joke of peerless quality

Looking forward to it. After a hard day of being ignored by celebs all jokes are appreciated.

Is there a closing date?

You know, I don't think we thought about that.
I suspect we'll be looking to collect for around a month so you'll have until at least the first week of October.

Remember, jokes must be able to fit into a single Tweet and you can see the kind of thing we're getting so far by looking at the #TweeHee stream.

Great idea, looks like it's off to a flying start too.

Thanks.
We're not doing too badly for our first few days. Hoping to get between 50 - 100 jokes per day so we should have a nice collection to sift through.

Just thought I'd pop in again to say hello and thank you to anyone who contributed a joke.
We got picked up by the Huffington Post comedy page and it went a bit mental.The current #TweeHee tally is well over 10,000 but that includes a lot of duplicates and ReTweets. We'll keep going until the end of the month I suspect, so if you do want to donate a joke there's still plenty of time.
We're having theme days too which are being announced on Twitter and the blog.
Anyway, I'll stop now before I start babbling.
Laters.

This is mental.

Shame it has to be constrained by the fickle mores of the PC brigade.

But it's probably only the Bendy Wendy types who would buy a joke book.

Good stuff.
I'm just posting a couple now