As Time Goes By Page 3

I found some good 'out-takes' from this show.

If you love the show, you'll love the clips - I didn't know Mrs Bail could smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDNJcx_ydlI

Thanks for the pointer...the outtakes are as charming as the show.

In North America, the reunion specials were originally available through PBS, the non-commercial public broadcaster supported largely by donations.

A number of ex-ATGB actors have toured here on behalf of PBS, doing events as a thank you to people making a contribution to PBS.

Many PBS stations around the U.S. air ATGB on a continuous loop because it's so well-loved. Here in Southern Ontario, it's airing on WNED.

Personally, I want to protect my great enjoyment so, having the DVDs, I put them away and don't watch for a year or sometimes more, then watch them straight through, one episode a day.

I wonder how other people handle re-watching favourite series? Dip in sporadically? Watch one a day, one a week? Take a vacation so it's fresh when you come back to it?

Yup, long 'vacation' from watching. Would be harder to achieve if it weren't my job to watch comedy all day! Always so refreshing to come back to a series and enjoy the jokes anew, and indeed recall just how good that particular show is.

I kill series by watching them too much, I've flogged My Family and Birds of a Feather to death. Miranda and The Inbetweeners have been in moratorium for a while now due to me learning the whole script.

As Time Goes By - I have series 1-3 and had them on each night in bed for a week, need to get the rest on DVD when I can afford it

I'm a huge Only Fools fan and have all the episodes on DVD so try to only watch them all once a year so I don't get too used to them and can still enjoy the jokes/storyline without knowing it word for word.

I vaguely remember watching As Time Goes By when I was a child but remember the last two Christmas specials (in 2005, 2006?) and enjoying them a lot.

I've started watching this series and I'm up to season 7. Jean drives me mad. She's such a nosey parker and hypocrite. I can't stand her.

Well they've all got faults, makes it interesting! The two younger women annoy me quite often. But I like Jean and Lionel.

Must admit to quite like it- I only watch it when my mum has it on and I happen to be in the lounge but I do enjoy it

especially Lionel- he really cracks me up!

Geoffrey Palmer on Titchmarsh Show next week - only actor in Fawlty Towers and Blackadder, of course as mentioned elsewhere...

Enough time can never go by between the end of this tripe and the end of the world Wave

I think this series is the perfect example of the fact that if you have the right cast, characters and storylines that a sitcom can work without actually being particularly funny.

Laughter free comedy! I have seen the future and it is Judy Dench shaped.

Quote: zooo @ October 23 2007, 5:27 AM BST

Ooh no, I never laugh out loud watching it. It's just pleasant.

Weird.

Same here! Never any belly busters. Maybe a grin now and then. But, the show is just so well done and easy to watch! It's very relaxing. I can understand why some don't care for it and I can understand why some just love it. I've watched it on PBS twice each Saturday for many years. I also have the complete DVD set that I can watch during the fund raising drives. Or not. :)

To Stephen Goodlad,

Thanks for the link. The bloopers were great!!!

My dislike for this easy chair, Sunday night crumpets and tea noxious, empty deadly dull drivel can never fully be expressed. The kind of middle class, slipper wearing, Barbour jacket shrouded bollocks should be put on a special channel for people ready to give up and die.

Wow, this went on for ten series? I didn't realise it lasted quite so long.