Not Going Out - Series 6

Hi there! I am completely new on here so apologies if I do anything wrong!
I have never been to a sit com recording before but have just been allocated tickets for the recording on October 26th! (Yippee!!) It says the doors open at 6:30 and it's first come first served! As we are traveling down from Cheshire I wondered if anyone could advise me on what time to start queuing to pretty much guarantee entry? Also, is it first in nearest the front or how does it work? I would be devastated to be turned away so would really appreciate any advice from anyone - especially people from earlier recordings this season. Thank youuuu!! :-) Wave

I would get there BLOODY EARLY! Bring a picnic with you and try not to lose your place in the queue. I would say at least 5 o'clock.

It's always hard to tell, but really the earlier the better, especially with a show like Not Going Out that's likely to be very popular. If I was coming that kind of distance I'd probably want to try to arrive not too long after 4pm.

Quote: Aaron @ September 9 2012, 9:36 PM BST

It's always hard to tell, but really the earlier the better, especially with a show like Not Going Out that's likely to be very popular. If I was coming that kind of distance I'd probably want to try to arrive not too long after 4pm.

Trumped by Aaron - but he's been more recently than me so I'd take his advice. But bring something to eat and drink.

Listen to Aaron and Chappers, they know their lobsters.

We've been fortunate enough to get tickets for the third year in a row. We're got the same night as Children in Need again. It was crazy last year, queues everywhere. However, there is the bonus of the free beer from the production company when you get in.

We're coming up from Cornwall so we'll probably get there for about 3. It is a long wait but very much worth it.

Hope you enjoy it.

Hi all. Be warned that this will now be recorded at Teddington Studios and not BBC TV Centre.

As an aside, can any of you wonderful people give me any travel tips please? We're arriving at Paddington midday, where would be the best tube station for Teddington?

Ta muchly.

You'll need to go to Waterloo (straight down the Bakerloo line, no changes) and then catch a main line train out to Teddington. That should be covered under your Underground travelcard.

If there's any way you can change train en route or otherwise go directly into Waterloo rather than Paddington, I would strongly advise you take it.

Teddington Studios is also quite a way from Teddington train station, so I'd jump in a cab straight away, if you want my experience.

Dan

It's only about 15 minutes' walk! Straight up one single road, too. You're wearing out with age, Dan. ;-)

Who can walk for 15 minutes straight, nowadays!? Even the thought...

Dan

Quote: Aaron @ September 13 2012, 8:14 AM BST

You'll need to go to Waterloo (straight down the Bakerloo line, no changes) and then catch a main line train out to Teddington. That should be covered under your Underground travelcard.

If there's any way you can change train en route or otherwise go directly into Waterloo rather than Paddington, I would strongly advise you take it.

Cheers for the advice. Appreciated.

How come there's no Christmas special this year? :(

I may have misheard but I'm sure I heard Lee Mack say "end of March" when asked about the return of the show on something the other day.

Looking forward to Series 6. But will it be good without Tim Vine? We'll have to wait and see

Series 6 previews (not trailers) have started playing on BBC HD. Can't be more than a month away now - and looks as funny as always.