Writers Wanted! New Parody News Site. Page 2

Quote: Tim Walker @ April 21 2011, 7:29 PM BST

'Area Man Convinces Self There Is Still Gap In Massively Over-Saturated News Parody Market'

Am I missing something? What exactly is an 'Area Man'?

It is one who is more hirsute Tim.

Yeah mine was more biblical I guess.

Quote: Tim Azure @ April 27 2011, 9:30 AM BST

A Japanese real man

Hooray I'm a racist

Punch Post Latest!; Queen upset she can't afford the big London clean-up bill!

Huh?

Hello,
I think it sounds great and I would love to be involved if you like my stuff. Here's the link to my blog: http://alphabetti-spaghetti-news.tumblr.com
I'm not sure if it's remotely what you're looking for but I thought I'd give it a shot.
A

:D Flannie I liked the site! not sure how I can contribute?

This site is a lot of fun. I've always got a kick out of "The Onion" and The Leaky Wiki is a great opportunity to write articles along those lines.

Here are a couple I wrote recently

http://www.theleakywiki.com/k2-front-page/latest/item/377-1986-ford-tempo-owner-nods-to-fellow-1986-ford-tempo-owner-at-stoplight

http://www.theleakywiki.com/k2-front-page/latest/item/379-pixelated-henchman-complains-of-low-job-satisfaction-opportunities-for-advancement

I would be interested in this. However my antivirus says that your site is a known malicious site. Just thought I'd let you know that

Quote: Tom Jordan @ June 28 2011, 1:37 PM BST

I would be interested in this. However my antivirus says that your site is a known malicious site. Just thought I'd let you know that

In fairness most satire is malicious isn't it?

Only if you take it that way.

And the "malicious" bug was fixed. Sometimes browsers pick up on really small stuff that looks curious.

FunnyFront ‎8-11-12: Mr.J's "Headlines & Punchlines" on CNN (Comedy News Network)
1) Today a man saw the first mint in poor condition. http://www.blogcastradio.com/jokes/MRJNEWS
Today's Top Headlines Written By: MR.J®, LLC.
1-The inventor of Crest Too...thpaste celebrated his 62nd b-day this week. 3 out of 4 dentists were invited.
2-This morning a man died after being a professional mime for 2 ½ decades...his last words were 25 yrs ago, his close collegues are taking a moment of silence in his honour.
3-And a medical merricle shocks the world when a newborn breaks records for being so impatient that it was born premature...about 9 ½ months...doctors were suspicious when they noticed it's first sonogram is a photo of the baby fidgeting & staring at it's watch.
Tune in tomorrow for more up to date breaking news.
Same Mr.J time, same Mr.J channel.
Copyright of all intellectual properties are owned, registered, and reserved by MR.J®, LLC. Any and all re-use, redistribution, or republication of said material is strictly prohibited.
2) Supreme Court Case verdict rules in support of Civil Liberties, delineating it's no longer politically correct to use the call your phone a "BlackBerry". The new socially accepted term is African American. The only phone company concerned with any race should be 'Sprint."
3) According to a recent nationwide poll, more and more unwed mothers are naming their children after the father. In unrelated news: the most common baby name of 2012 is, "Alleged Jr."
(Tune in tomorrow for faking breaking news. Same Mr.J Time. Same Mr.J Channel.)
Written
By
Mr.J,LLC.®
(Administrator & Contributor)
Putting the FU in FUNNY"
Thursday August 18th, 2012
Mr.J
GH makes an F sound, PH makes an F sound; it doesn't make sense. It's like F couldn't handle all the sounds itself.
That's why F is the lowest grade cuz it Fd up making the worst word refered to the F-word. But GH only works the f sound gig part time:
Like in the words with GH such as tough or rough its got it covered but in a word with a GH such as ghost-its taking a sabbatical.
And PH always comes through like a PH word such as phone, no problem, but PH knew it was doing the heavy lifting so negotiated for a bonus and said, "If I'm working full time, I also wanna measure the chemical balance of chlorinated water and be when we team up with the letter D, we become a doctor, not like real one that works at a hospital but a fake one that works at a college, but even though we don't get to wear a white lab coat like pharmacists (which we also spell while the alphabet literally doesn't give an F when it comes to spelling phonetically-see yet again 'phonetics' were are ya F?
Like the 4 leaf clover of letters).
However, all this being said (without the letter F used much, we might add) we've decided that we're willing to settle only on the conditional terms that we "PH", get to be called doctors even though everyone knows were not doctors, that's the deal, take it or leave it.
Sure we're not really doctors but we still get perks of the pompous pretentious prestigous prefix, "Dr", no questions asked, we have a PhD (which requires a bachelors and masters) so we don't need the 3rd degree we already have 3, including one in "Physics" which F was absent for again, so, Dr. PH from now on, we didn't go to 6 years of silent letter school of scamming to be called "Mr." PH.
Tune in tomorrow: Same Mr.J Time. Same Mr.J Channel.
Written By: Mr.J,LLC.® (Administrator & Contributor) Amazon.com/author/mrj

Mr J, if you really think that pasting massive, unreadable, irrelevant blocks of text in completely outdated and unrelated threads is a good way of getting yourself anything other than swiftly banned, you may as well go and apply for a job in Tesco right now.

Quote: Tim Azure @ April 27 2011, 9:30 AM BST

Yes. It's Yank for "round these parts".
You might see it used in some of their local/regional news stories.

(But if you've never had yank round these parts, you're probably loitering in the wrong amusement arcade)