Best British Comedies From 2000 And Onwards.

Hey all, I'm not from UK, but I dig the British comedy, but I'm fairly new to it and have watched very little from it. I was looking for recommendations on British comedy shows from the year 2000 up till now. Like what would you say are the best must watch British comedy shows from the last 12 years?

From what I've seen I can mention The Office, Miranda, the 4 episodes of Bad Education and am currently watching The IT Crowd. I also got How Not to Live Your Life and The Thick of It laying around which I plan to watching after I go through The IT Crowd.

Thank you greatly, God bless.

If you like Miranda, don't miss Not Going Out.

Green Wing is also very good, but a little more off-the-wall in its humour than any of the titles you've mentioned.

Thank you, like I said, I'm fairly new to British comedy still, so I'll give anything a try and if I like, I'll just keep on watching, so any recommendations post 2000 will be good. Thanks again.

Peep Show

The Inbetweeners

15 Storeys High

If you like The IT Crowd, you'll probably like Black Books.

My favourites that I find other people also like would be Marion and Geoff, Saxondale and Extras probably. You could try them.

The Mighty Boosh if you want to try something different and "trippy".

I would say Fun At The Funeral Parlour and Black Books. And I really like Spaced and Barbara, which both ran into the 2000s but started in '99.

Edit: I can't believe I forgot to add Coupling.

Peep Show
Not Going Out
The IT Crowd

Alright, thanks guys.

I checked out what you guys recommended.

Here's what I liked from the recommendations you guys made:

Not Going Out
Black Books
Coupling

So any other recommendations along those lines would be highly appreciated it.

Is there anything similar to those shows that's currently airing on TV in the UK? If so, lemme know so I can check them out,

Thank you.

Outnumbered?

Judging by the things you say you liked, it looks like you're mostly into sitcoms with a laugh track? There was more of that stuff in the 90s to be honest.

Yeah, that's pretty much it. Feel free to give me some 90s recommendations then, I'll give them a watch.

Thanks.

Father Ted's a good start.