Citizen Khan - Series 1 Page 11

Quote: Punk Anarcho @ September 4 2012, 8:18 PM BST

These aren't 'modern' comedy shows, simply old fashioned crowd pleasers.

Are you from the future?

Yeah, f**k that pleasing the millions bollocks. What is that all about??

Verdict on last night's episode:

Seems to have borrowed a lot from It Ain't Half Hot Mum (another show that should be a landmark for Asian comedy, as it gave many Asian actors their first television appearances, in a positive light I might add, which today is wrongly regarded as being racist), in that Mr Khan clears his throat all the time, just like Michael Bates did. The way his mother in law would talk in her native tongue then add a few words in English is exactly what the Punkah Wallah (played by Babar Bhatti) did in the 70s sitcom.

Anyway, of the show itself. Again very substandard, should be on well before the watershed. Mr Khan is an outstanding comedy creation, but everyone else in it is not. That son in law to be needs ditching, absolutely awful character.
As for the 200 complaints the BBC got for the first episode, I just don't see this. It's one of the most inoffensive things I've ever seen.

As a British-born Indian, when I see this I cringe. Then when I see that the majority of the people involved with the writing and production of this are also Indian or Pakistani, I cringe even more. It's just a cringey time for me right now...

You'll get back spasms!

Quote: Withal Spackster @ September 4 2012, 10:03 PM BST

As a British-born Indian, when I see this I cringe. Then when I see that the majority of the people involved with the writing and production of this are also Indian or Pakistani, I cringe even more. It's just a cringey time for me right now...

How are you getting on with Coronation Street?

Quote: Aaron @ September 4 2012, 9:40 PM BST

Are you from the future?

Explain?

Quote: Marc P @ September 4 2012, 9:54 PM BST

Yeah, f**k that pleasing the millions bollocks. What is that all about??

It's about Creation.. Which is what BBC should be doing not pandering to viewing figures becauser a chimp can do that!

So listen.. The BBC should not be guided by veiwing figures, that should be the mainstream of commercial television.. which I support

But NOT THE BBC

AP Scene

:D Yeah stop cringing and laugh. It's a start Withall, the first one, don't expect miracles. The guy isn't a renowned writer but a comic actor. Most punters don't realise how hard it is to write a genuinely funny 30 minute sitcom, try it, you'll be calling yourself all the names, it's hellishly tough even for writers to get right. See The Royal bodyguard, similarly bold and blatant cues for laughs, got slated - written by successful pros! Comclusion, people are expecting way too much of this.

Quote: Punk Anarcho @ September 4 2012, 10:17 PM BST

It's about Creation.. Which is what BBC should be doing not pandering to viewing figures becauser a chimp can do that!

So listen.. The BBC should not be guided by veiwing figures, that should be the mainstream of commercial television.. which I support

But NOT THE BBC

Yes I am listening..

A chimp can pander to millions? About creation, as in the bible? Or do you mean creativity? THe millions of people who are enjoying the programmes you don't shouldn't be allowed to... is that what you are saying. Do you have some dark comic programming the BBC aren't buying, and I guess the other channels you sanction to show stuff that is popular aren't either, or do I need to get the wax out of my ears??

Quote: Punk Anarcho @ September 4 2012, 10:17 PM BST

Explain?

But NOT THE BBC

AP Scene

:| Eh? >_<

Sorry, you appear to be saying the BBC should be making shows that nobody wants to watch. Is that your general gist?

Quote: Marc P @ September 4 2012, 10:27 PM BST

Yes I am listening..

A chimp can pander to millions? About creation, as in the bible? Or do you mean creativity? THe millions of people who are enjoying the programmes you don't shouldn't be allowed to... is that what you are saying. Do you have some dark comic programming the BBC aren't buying, and I guess the other channels you sanction to show stuff that is popular aren't either, or do I need to get the wax out of my ears??

You need to get the wax out of your ears..

As it is pretty obvious that the current comedy output is not up to scratch..

2012 is dying in comedy terms with nothing to raise or releave it!

Please help

APS

Quote: Lee Henman @ September 4 2012, 10:30 PM BST

Sorry, you appear to be saying the BBC should be making shows that nobody wants to watch. Is that your general gist?

Or rather a minority want to watch, like Peep show.

Quote: Lee Henman @ September 4 2012, 10:30 PM BST

No it is NOT.

My opion is that the BBC is currently making DOG SHIT

Answer? Sack everyone at BBC ecomissioning,, Scak BBC ecommissioning all together and start again

Also create a BBC fund that neuturres and finaces new talent as did John Peel

AP Scene

Quote: Punk Anarcho @ September 4 2012, 10:31 PM BST

You need to get the wax out of your ears..

As it is pretty obvious that the current comedy output is not up to scratch..

2012 is dying in comedy terms with nothing to raise or releave it!

Please help

APS

No you still seem to be saying the same thing. And I have Q tipped against all the advice of the NHS.

Of course almost all comedy writers think

"everythings shit if only they'd make my stuff then it wouldnt be shit anymore"