Animal cruelty for comic effect Page 5

In "Married With Children" Steve Rhoades "saves" a giant tortoise from the zoo and sets it free in a lake...without knowing that it's a saltwater tortoise.
In the news they show an obituary to that tortoise which was a big children's fave. :D

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ August 31 2012, 2:22 PM BST

unintentionally set in on fire by duffing it.

They do what now?

Quote: Nil Putters @ August 31 2012, 7:14 PM BST

Then why get 'really upset'? I don't get it.

...Said the sociopath.

I was momentarily sad that the cat in A Touch Of Cloth met with a grisly end - but the joke was just SO worth it.

I decided that bit didn't happen. I loved it when he jumped out of the old man's body. Hehe.

Quote: Aaron @ September 3 2012, 11:30 PM BST

...Said the sociopath.

Rolling eyes

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ August 31 2012, 7:35 PM BST

I don't get it either.

Perhaps you'd like to libel Gordon too. Or am I getting a special mention?

I don't know why you've dug this up, Aaron?

Quote: Nil Putters @ September 3 2012, 11:43 PM BST

Perhaps you'd like to libel Gordon too. Or am I getting a special mention?

You bloody grass! ;)

I just thought I'd share Aaron's love.

As a real animal lover I can differentiate and separate myself from Animal cruelty in TV comedies which I usually crease up with laughter at and real life which I abhor.

One thing I did dislike was a scene inAbsolutely where a lobser gets 'freed' and then run over. It's a close-up and even if it ISN'T real, it's still too realistic.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 26th October 2021, 6:09 PM

One thing I did dislike was a scene inAbsolutely where a lobser gets 'freed' and then run over. It's a close-up and even if it ISN'T real, it's still too reailstic.

A lobser?

Quote: Kidda @ 30th August 2012, 8:00 PM

The fish in the blender in 2 Point 4 children which is then followed by a sketch by Ben about how no animals were harmed in the making of the scene. The fish then gets microwaved.

That kind of thing is bad taste (tee hee) because it's in a show based in reality, as opposed to cartoon slapstick. In the very first Young Ones a rat gets killed and then its mate chomps on it, but it's so detached from reality you couldn't find it offensive. After repeated viewings, I've come to the conclusion that it is not in fact a real rat.

There was a pretty sick Penn and Teller routine (just one) where they chopped up a live snake and threw bits of its insides at the audience. It was really gruesome, especially for the pre wankershed time slit, and got a lot of complaints. I know that's their thing and no one forces you to watch anything you don't want to, but I also know that P and T have harmed and even killed animals in rehearsals and shows going wrong, so they can f**k off. Makes you wanna believe in reincarnation.

And what about that rat they kept cooped up in a biscuit tin in Fawlty Towers.

Actually, even the Young Ones rats weren't as unbelievable as Fawlty Towers'. What a convincing effect they managed. How do they do it? What's their secret? I guess we'll never know.

Paul Daniels. Cruelty to humans.