Frankie Boyle Page 21

Quote: Aaron @ September 1 2012, 10:22 PM BST

Yes, Godot I do agree with some of your points, but you made it unpleasantly personal toward Harridan. We really don't need that kind of beahviour. When Boyle does it as a comedian we take it at arm's length, but it's just plain unpleasant here.

You're kidding, right? All I said was she was 'aloof' and 'disingenuous'.

ALOOF - "I've seen enough of him - watched Mock the Week (though I haven't made an encyclopaedic record of jokes told as you seem to have :S )"

DISINGENUOUS - "You're right, I wasn't aware of the zionist stance of Mock the Week?"

ALOOF & DISINGENUOUS:

Quote: Harridan @ July 25 2012, 4:56 PM BST

What a refreshing perspective. *yawn*

And that was the first thing she ever said to me.

I always let people get a few kicks into me before I respond, unless they're trolls.

Quote: sootyj @ September 1 2012, 9:19 PM BST

Except South Park did it better with Uncle F**ker. So he's a joke thief.

Uncle F**ker has nothing to do with a ban on the use of the word Motherf**ker, so no. And there aren't any jokes in South Park to steal.

Quote: sootyj @ September 1 2012, 9:19 PM BST

At this point you're taking the piss.

Mark Thomas?

Who had a succesful tour and book on his walking the length of the Israeli wall.

As Aaron says, Mark Thomas in not a mainstream comedian. Some people would argue that he's not even a comedian. I've seen Mark Steel live a few times and he's never told any anti-Israeli jokes. I'll credit him with the balls to say them on TV but I don't recall him doing so. Or Jeremy Hardy. Find 'em and post 'em and I'll take it all back.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0393396/

Quote: Godot Taxis @ September 3 2012, 12:03 AM BST

You're kidding, right? All I said was she was 'aloof' and 'disingenuous'.

You know we can all read what you actually wrote, right?

I did like Mark Thomas when he was a Comedian.
And still liked him when he moved away from that a bit.

I like Frankie Boyle too
And Godot & Renegade Carpark
& Zooo

Please don't run these people out of town for the sake of being offended.

Quote: Harridan @ September 3 2012, 12:06 AM BST

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0393396/

I saw that when it was broadcast. Fair play to him and I wish he was doing something similar now. The difference with Boyle of course is that he is mainstream and Hardy isn't/wasn't.

Quote: Harridan @ September 3 2012, 12:06 AM BST

You know we can all read what you actually wrote, right?

Who's we? You can imagine you're on the inside of something with lots of other people and I'm outside if you want, but it's not how it is.

f**k this

Godot, I know you don't mean to be quite as disagreeable a c**t as you come across - but really, you do. Some other members do take offence a little easily, but continuing to make people feel so uncomfortable all of the time really is not on.

If you don't want to be banned yourself, learn to accept the warnings and reprimands of myself and my moderators. That goes for everyone else too. I really don't have the energy to put up with all of you f**king ungrateful bastards.

I'd like to complain about the latest offensive jokes by offensive comedian Frankie Boyle because they were offensive. I'd also like to complain that I ate some beans and got a farty bum-bum.

I think he should be banned from everything, including Twitter and that we should only have comedy that I approve of, told by nice people, involving uncontroversial subjects.

Except for Stewart Lee / Charlie Brooker / anyone else who writes for the Guardian. They can be as offensive and controversial as they like, because I am a massive hypocrite.

Yours insincerely,

BCG Liberal Brigade (Chepstow Branch)

Wave

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ September 3 2012, 12:05 PM BST

I'd like to complain about the latest offensive jokes by offensive comedian Frankie Boyle because they were offensive. I'd also like to complain that I ate some beans and got a farty bum-bum.

I think he should be banned from everything, including Twitter and that we should only have comedy that I approve of, told by nice people, involving uncontroversial subjects.

Except for Stewart Lee / Charlie Brooker / anyone else who writes for the Guardian. They can be as offensive and controversial as they like, because I am a massive hypocrite.

Yours insincerely,

Wave

I don't think he should be banned, let him say what he wants. I suppose the difference between him, and the others you mentioned, is that he is more of a gag man, so they're like blunt instruments with less context, less background, and so rub some people up the wrong way more. What the others actually mean, their intent, is more immediately apparent because they'll go into it, with Boyle he's shaved it down to the bone and so it's easier to misunderstand his stance.

And, hopefully, it's not just these imaginary liberals who think doing jokes about 'mongs', or whatever, could be taken as unpleasant.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ September 3 2012, 12:05 PM BST

Yours insincerely,

Wave

And once more shuddering into life; like a TB ridden badger siting a herd of cows. The RCP windup machine arises zombie like from it's shallow grave.

For f**ks sake. No ones suggested he should be banned or even that he was particularly offensive.

The whole discussion has been pretty much around Channel 4 getting caught out by it's own hypocritical standards.

nb you accidentally make a good point. Stewart Lee wrote an editorial in the Observer comparing the Olympics to a rotting dead cat. That was about the most witless, misanthropic bit of bad journalism to feature in that journal (and that really is saying something). I don't think he should be banned, nor do I think Frankie Boyle should be banned.

I just find that attention seeking, second rate playground jokes. Being viewed as the very epogee of dangerous, outsider comedy.

Is depressing.

What I've found most amusing about the latest 'controversy' is that 95% of the people complaining about the Paralympic jokes are the same people who don't watch or even care about the Paralympics.

They're offended on behalf of athletes they don't know, can't name and don't watch.

Surely we've reached the Outrage Fatigue point with Boyle? I'm surprised anybody can really bothered to get worked up about anything he says nowadays.

Quote: chipolata @ September 3 2012, 1:29 PM BST

Surely we've reached the Outrage Fatigue point with Boyle? I'm surprised anybody can really bothered to get worked up about anything he says nowadays.

It's not like he's got a lot of competition. I've said it once and I'll say it again - you can take most of the comics from Mock The Week, Live At The Apollo, etc. and get them to do each other's material and you wouldn't notice the difference.

For once Chip quite.

This really is a false argument being spurred on by libtard and libertariantards. One side hoping to be offended, the othe side hoping they'll be offended.

I mean didn't this whole argument get burned out with Little Britain?

For once Chip quite.

This really is a false argument being spurred on by libtard and libertariantards. One side hoping to be offended, the othe side hoping they'll be offended.

I mean didn't this whole argument get burned out with Little Britain?

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ September 3 2012, 1:35 PM BST

It's not like he's got a lot of competition. I've said it once and I'll say it again - you can take most of the comics from Mock The Week, Live At The Apollo, etc. and get them to do each other's material and you wouldn't notice the difference.

Which means it's a pity so many people probably think that IS stand up. Just what appears on those programmes. There's much more out there.

There is a lot of selective vilification here. I totally agree with the earlier comment that people like Charlie Brooker say equally as provocative things and seem to avoid the same calls for blood