The Big Fat Quiz Of The Decade

The 2000s has been recorded tonight. Love the format but didn't the 00s end 2 years ago?

They are producing three decade specials this year: the 1980s, 1990s and 2000s.

When will the first be transmitted? December?

I'm not sure they've made it quite clear. My guess right now is that they'll be broadcast sporadically over the rest of the year, culminating in a 2012 edition as usual around Christmas.

These are presumably part of Channel 4's 30th Anniversary celebrations - so around November-time?

(And in case anybody didn't know, the guests for the 00s edition are Alan Carr, Kevin Bridges, David Mitchell, Sarah Millican, Noel Fielding and Richard Ayoade.)

Ah, they sound like good guests. No one loud mouth that'll try to take the whole show over. (Ahem, David Walliams.)

Quote: cwickham @ September 1 2012, 3:34 PM BST

These are presumably part of Channel 4's 30th Anniversary celebrations - so around November-time?

I expect they may very well culminate in the 80s episode then, yes. I can't imagine all three shows going out in a particularly short space of time though, unless they're being brutal in the edit to get a runtime of 60 min (45) tops.

Quote: Aaron @ September 1 2012, 3:40 PM BST

unless they're being brutal in the edit to get a runtime of 60 min (45) tops.

I hope not. I like the allnighters.

My copy of today's Radio Times says the 80s quiz (which is being recorded tomorrow) is on Sunday from 9-10.35pm, with guests including Jonathan Ross, Jason Manford, Stephen Mangan, Micky Flanagan and Carol Vorderman.

I got the impression from Twitter that the recording for the 00s one was as long as a regular recording of the annual quiz, so it'll be interesting to see how it copes with a shorter timeslot.

The 90s edition had me hoarse from laughing so much by the end - and then they brought in Mr Blobby. Tears were rolling down my cheeks as the credits began. Funniest thing I've seen on TV all year.

I actually want to see more of Mr Blobby. That was funny shit.

It seems that Channel 4 are joyless f**kers who don't want any promotion for their programmes.

I'd love to see Mr Blobby on TV more, but it'd have to be done sparingly. I think the magic would be lost if he was too prevalent.

It was the funniest thing I've seen in ages. Bring back Blobby! (Actually bring back House Party.)

Blobby should destroy the set of Deal Or No Deal, two birds, one stone.

I may actually pay to see that.