Frankie Boyle Page 17

A nice tweet from Frankie here, the use of 'mate' at the end was a lovely touch:

Yes, that was rather amusing.

That's right Frankie, you tell him that it doesnae make you a big man to pick on women Errr

Ha!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2012/aug/24/frankie-boyle-comedian

Quote: AJGO @ August 25 2012, 11:22 AM BST

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2012/aug/24/frankie-boyle-comedian

Laughing out loud

The 'people hate jokes' line was particularly good.

If you could bring something extinct back to life, what would you choose?
Stewart Lee's sense of humour.

Laughing out loud

Laughing out loud Brilliant.

I bet he just said that to piss off comedy people!

Must be, since nobody could mean that sincerely... :)

Oh yes they certainly could.

No sane person... ;)

If you could bring something extinct back to life, what would you choose?
Stewart Lee's sense of humour.

Pot, Kettle

Anybody watch his 'Variety Performance' special the other night? His choice of other comics was pretty dire except for the female Canadian comic. As you can imagine, the highlights were Frankie's material and his interaction with the various celebs in the audience.

It was also good to hear him make the same Julian Assange joke as me, about the woman being awake when he started shagging her.

EDIT: Also except Nick Helm, who I'm really starting to warm to. Thanks for recommending him Matthew Stott.

I'm beginning to warm to Frankie Boyle.

Tax..

First, there was Ken Dodd. Then along came Jimmy Carr. Now, lately, it's Frankie...

(Don't mention all the corporates basing their business HQs in tax-favourable foreign enclaves).

"Tax avoidance - morally unacceptable" bleat the whiter-than-white, purer-than-the-driven-snow unimpeachables..

..and there's me, trying to think of anyone he's ever known, who hasn't been, or isn't on some sort of fiddle.

"Let he who is without sin, etc. etc."

Anyone is welcome to comment on the tax avoidance issue and the morals thereof, but just make sure you're not cyber-skiving as you post.

Boyle defending his paralympics tweets:

"Nobody thinks it's a good thing to laugh at the disabled. But it is a genuine problem that we're not allowed to laugh with the disabled."

What is it with comedians claiming to be laughing with people who are actually deeply offended by their jokes?