I'm Spazticus Page 3

Anyone know if the writers of this were disabled themselves? In the light of the Frankie Boyle story, I'd be interested to know.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/00000750/channel_4_disabled_comedy_im_spazticus/

'Jamie O'Leary says: "I'm Spazticus uses the world of comedy to explore the world of disability; employing disabled writers and a cast of disabled on-screen talent..."'

Ok, I wonder what reaction they'd have got doing Boyle's material?

I'm not a big Boyle fan, but it seems hypocritical.

And incredibly poor timing.

I suppose it's the hypocritical saw of
"laugh at us, don't you tell jokes about us."

It's not the material that's got Frankie in trouble, but that he's known as a Channel 4 name and could now seen to be criticising their own big extravaganza programming. It's nothing really to do with disability at all. Closer to doing a Ratner.

You sure? Stations usually like a bit of ironic self deprication.

I mean Jezzer Clarkson slams the BBC all the time.

I'm with Aaron on this. Channel 4 haven't ever cared about being offensive in the past and probably won't in the future, but right now they can't support a comedian who is dishing out offence to paralympians.

In which case they are stinking hypocrites.

Of course they are. They defended him when he made the considerably worse (in my opinion) 'joke' about Katie Price's son on their channel, but are dropping him over some Twitter jokes.