Ronnie Barker Cinema Usher

Been trying to find this sketch everywhere but to no avail. Does anyone remember it? It starts with Ronnie Barker dressed as a cinema usher and standing outside a cinema. His monologue is made up entirely of famous actors and actresses names. For example, he starts by looking at the camera and saying "I stand out here all Doris Day. Elke Sommer or Shelley Winter". It was so clever but I simply cannot find it anywhere. Can anyone help? Another example I remember in the sketch was where he was talking about his wife being unfaithful and he says "I found her with another Anthony Mann giving her a Gregory Peck on her cheek"......lol

The sketches are almost certainly from The Two Ronnies, but I'm not sure what series or episodes they may feature in.

A full box-set of the series will be released in a few weeks. Quite a bit of money (and time!) to spend if you just want two individual sketches, but it is of course a very funny and entertaining series throughout.

See Amazon product listing
[p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/34588428/0/The-Two-Ronnies-Complete-Collection/ListingDetails.html]

*spits out drink* £93!!!! I love The Two Ronnies, but that's taking the piss considering they're often shown on ITV3.

Laughing out loud But it is complete. And it does contain a few extra bits. But it'll be about half of that price in a year or so.

At least it would have that shop sketch I've been looking for for about 3 years...

Gulp! 90 odd quid..........does anyone actually remember the sketch I'm on about?

That must be it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ipa9rTSRJQ

But the DVD box looks nice too...must wait til the price drops! They should release a "Not The Nine O Clock News" box as well.

Lovely monologue.

A great shame Ronnie Barker's gone for a Richard Burton.

Quote: Harridan @ August 24 2012, 11:26 AM BST

*spits out drink* £93!!!! I love The Two Ronnies, but that's taking the piss considering they're often shown on ITV3.

You are buying several years of work. How would you like it if someone sold several series of your work for a tenner?

Quote: Tim Azure @ August 29 2012, 6:21 AM BST

You are buying several years of work. How would you like it if someone sold several series of your work for a tenner?

That seems like an odd argument. I can probably buy the complete works of Shakespeare for £10 but that doesn't mean they are only worth a tenner. And I doubt that the people who actually made The Two Ronnies are receiving very much of that £93.

Quote: Harridan @ August 29 2012, 8:36 PM BST

That seems like an odd argument. I can probably buy the complete works of Shakespeare for £10 but that doesn't mean they are only worth a tenner. And I doubt that the people who actually made The Two Ronnies are receiving very much of that £93.

Do as Aaron told. Wait a year or so and bob's your uncle. I saw a two disc DVD set of Dear John Series 1 somewhere (play.com or amazon) and it was as expensive as the complete collections of One Foot In The Grave or Reginal Perrin.