Why members have been banned thread

Can the Moderators let us know why members have been banned? This thread could be used. It could be pinned to make it purely informational. Brief details are all that would be needed.

Closed Thread.

Members get banned for breaking the rules.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/info/terms_of_use/

Be aware moderators or administrators may edit, remove, or otherwise modify any data on the message board without warning. This includes, but is not restricted to, threads, individual posts, user profiles, and entire user accounts.

I find it laughable that moderators and creators of the board have been able to break the rules over the years with incidents such as multiple accounts and racist comments, but are let off because "oh they didn't mean any harm".

By the way, Will, if you want to find out why people have been banned, then I suggest that you look at their last posts. This will usually indicate what's happened.

The loss of VV has hit me pretty hard. I've wrote a quick poem to express my feelings:

With an iron fist, the admins rule
They’ve smashed it through our Vestibule

They claim abuse, but we no better
It’s a result of The Clique’s vendetta

Racist abuse, the site forbids
But you adopted two Asian kids

You were one of a kind, that was the thing
Better than a Stylee, a Roodeye or a Ming

The time has come, goodbye Veronica
I’m off to play on my harmonica

Quote: Ben @ August 28 2012, 6:01 PM BST

I find it laughable that moderators and creators of the board have been able to break the rules over the years with incidents such as multiple accounts and racist comments, but are let off because "oh they didn't mean any harm".

His house, his rules :)

Quote: Lee @ August 28 2012, 6:04 PM BST

His house, his rules :)

Next time I stab a hooker in my house, I'll try that one!

Quote: Ben @ August 28 2012, 6:06 PM BST

Next time I stab a hooker in my house, I'll try that one!

The Winterlight Killings by Mark Pearson.

I was banned for being too damned dangerous. Cool

Quote: Lee @ August 28 2012, 5:55 PM BST

Members get banned for breaking the rules.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/info/terms_of_use/

I appreciate that but it would be nice to know which rule. It stops speculation and possible friction on the board (if there is a like member/don't like member split).

Quote: Ben @ August 28 2012, 6:01 PM BST

By the way, Will, if you want to find out why people have been banned, then I suggest that you look at their last posts. This will usually indicate what's happened.

You can't Ben. Once they are greyed out you can't see their profile to see what their last post was.

Quote: Will Cam @ August 28 2012, 6:32 PM BST

I appreciate that but it would be nice to know which rule. It stops speculation and possible friction on the board (if there is a like member/don't like member split).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rVQGT01Kzg

I was thrown off and with good cause, I had the option to re join on a bogus account but I couldn't see the point.

I think you can sense a ban coming, you post without thinking or bite at the inane.I suppose that surviving inside the rules becomes almost a course in computer etiquette.

Hopefully I have learned not to bite at basic worms or refuse to accept what is sound advice.

So if you sense a ban in the offing, calm down, reflect. However if you're still inclined to rebel against the system you could always go for the short cut and start talking like Hitler, that seems to do the trick!

Oh and I forgot to mention any input from me normally finishes the thread off!

Quote: Will Cam @ August 28 2012, 6:32 PM BST

You can't Ben. Once they are greyed out you can't see their profile to see what their last post was.

Oh, Will, with a bit of savvy you can view their profile! Just click on my profile and change the url to read "veronica_vestibule" instead of "ben".

When I look at VV's last two or three posts then I'm thinking: "Wow, that's a bit harsh of the moderators". I mean this a comedy site after all...comedy is here to provoke or to be anarchic. And if you're making a remark that was a bit too political uncorrect you're at least should have the chance to explain yourself (I don't think she was deliberately being racist or otherwise offensive).
But maybe her last two posts weren't the reason for this ban anyway. So, we really don't know.

And by the way in my introduction thread someone made a remark about nazi gold (knowing that I'm from Switzerland)...I took it as it was intended, as a (very spicy & spikey) joke. And fortunately that person wasn't banned for that as far as I know. My advice to the moderators: Don't make your decisions look arbitrary.