Looks a very promising and official sitcomp...

http://www.shortlist.com/entertainment/tv/can-you-write-the-next-great-sitcom

I've just come across this by accident, seems almost too good to be true...

'The competition is open to both men and women.'

Bloody hell, political correctness gone mad once more... ;)

Quote: radiat10n @ August 22 2012, 5:04 PM BST

'The competition is open to both men and women.'

Bloody hell, political correctness gone mad once more... ;)

What if you're a bit of both? Where's that column? Or should I say margin?

Certainly looks good but this 3-10 pages they want. Not sure if they mean they want part of a script or something complete in itself. Any ideas?

Quote: Poirot @ August 22 2012, 5:49 PM BST

Certainly looks good but this 3-10 pages they want. Not sure if they mean they want part of a script or something complete in itself. Any ideas?

Part of a script:

d) Entrant’s submission should be a sample of their live action 30 minute episodic television sitcom script of between 3-10 pages of A4 and a treatment or description (no longer than 1 A4 page) to sell their sitcom idea with a brief description of the premise and information on how the show will play out.

It does help to read things doesn't it?

Wow, does look pretty good.

Ok the script has to be uploaded in word format why? Final Draft always f*cks up if I save it to word.

Why can't people just accept PDF's.
Mental.
And you're right about FD to Word.
Pain in the arse.

Yep, annoying, but thankfully Script Smart actually works with my Word 2010 (just about...) and I might end up writing better dialogue while I re-type everything.

Where you go to the entry page, it only lets you upload one thing, Guessing the first page of our document is the description/pitch/outline thing, then a title page, then script. Seems a bit of a messy thing to send, but will do it that way.

I hope I don't end up with minus points, that would be just so embarrassing...

Okay, so I just submitted mine. I hope it worked, because after I hit "submit," it came up with a blank page with the words "success>true," or whatever on it.

Edit: Okay, turns out they did receive it.

Can I ask about the "brief one-page description" that you have to include.

Does that mean you have to send a full page consisting of just a few lines describing the section you have submitted, basically like a synopsis?

According to the T & C's they want a brief overview of the series and indication of how it will play out, basically a very short version of a series treatment. I wrote a few lines about the characters and the setting. Then a paragraph describing some future storylines, and how these would impact on the character's lives.