The Olympics Page 110

Quote: youngian @ August 12 2012, 11:53 PM BST

"Its BT complaints Mr Williams- we double checked the line as you requested and its fine."

Ha!

Quote: Chappers @ August 12 2012, 11:54 PM BST

What the f**k????????

Take That top of the bill???????????

You can't seriously say they are the pinnacle of our pop and rock stars!

Somebody really is taking the piss.

Best performance of the night. (Not that that's saying much tonight.) And I wish they'd done one of their songs I like.

There, a crusty old man band. Happy now? :)

Sorry Chappers, But Take That are relevant and can still perform with a medium of dignity.
Plus are hugely sucessful in the UK. Seems an OK choice.

Well the extinguishing was a bit of an anti-climax; they didn't even go out in the best sequence.

I would have had a single tube still high in the centre, & then extinguish the rings around it in sequence from outside to in, then a final 20 foot flare from the centre tube finishing with a loud POP!

:)

Quote: zooo @ August 12 2012, 11:56 PM BST

There, a crusty old man band. Happy now? :)

As an Oldrocker and not a Mod, that was embarrassing !

Now if they bought on the Who after Del and Rodney that would of been a good night.

Quote: zooo @ August 12 2012, 11:53 PM BST

Is funny cos it's true.

I'll get the mop.

Laughing out loud

Quote: billwill @ August 13 2012, 12:03 AM BST

Well the extinguishing was a bit of an anti-climax;

They should have had a dozen firefighters stripped to the waist off those calenders that people like Zooo and Nat and Dellas etc buy !

Would love to see Adam Buxton reading out YouTube-type comments on the ceremony!

I'll have you know my calendar is Charlie Brown this year.

F**k sacks!

Were Take That on then? I went to bed when the Brazilian bit started. Although it went on a bit and was corny cheesy nonsense with a predictable view of Britishness I quite enjoyed it.

Yes they were. :)

Did I really sit through the whole crappy thing only to turn off just before The Who came on? Damn it! I saw Seb Coe on a podium and thought 'f**k this'.