Putters vs Lab #52: Movie Science 1.2

INT. LAB.
Dr Tang mops up blood as Professor Bear examines a pair of wellies, smoke rising from the insides.

Professor Bear, dropping the wellies out of shot.
Welcome! to another spectacular experiment, here, in Lab 52! Today we'll be testing movie science! With these two transporter pods!

Two pods sit in the middle of the Experiment Room.

Professor Bear cont.
We'll be examining the science behind the classic Jeff Goldblum flick, The Fly. Of course, we can't expose any of our collegues to this sort of danger, so some of our test subj.. uh, friends have stepped forward as volunteers.

INT. 1ST POD
A large snake and a nervous looking monkey in a tie, wait inside.

INT. LAB.
Professor Bear
We're hoping to create a hairy snake that likes bananas.

He pauses, looks to the side in close-up, and shrugs.

Professor Bear.
Is everything ready to go, Science Cat?

Science Cat sleeps.

Professor Bear
Ok! Let science commence!

He pushes forward a huge lever and the pods spring into life.

INT. EXPERIMENT ROOM
A large green light flashes on top the first pod, before stopping and being replaced by a flashing green light on the second pod. The door to the pod swings open and a thick smoke cloud rises from inside. As it settles we see the large snake in a tie, a monkey-shaped bulge halfway down its body.

INT. LAB.
Professor Bear and Dr Tang stand open mouthed, Science Cat sitting beside them. They're all wearing Blues Brothers style shades.

Professor Bear
A dark day for scienceā€¦ Anyway, next week we'll be fitting the lab's Smart Car with a nuclear-fuelled power cell and, hopefully, travelling back to last Tuesday, chilli day in the cafeteria. Science out.

Quote: Nil Putters @ August 12 2012, 4:12 PM BST

we see the large snake in a tie, a monkey-shaped bulge halfway down its body.

Still not feeling this mate, sorry.

Ha, ok mate, cheers for the feedback though.

I think this film has been spoofed too many times, maybe find a new angle on it? Okay, maybe it hasn't been spoofed loads of times but there's only so far you can go with it.

Hahahaha just flexing me writing muscles, as it were. Trying to force myself to write new stuff. Will keep trying. :)

Good to hear/read!

I'm surprised you're not trying to create a comic strip, I think you have the ability to do that and I would like to see it.

:) It's less time consuming to write than draw, if I had designed my ShArks! properly in Adobe I may have been able to do it easier, but I didn't and can't be f**ked drawing them every time.

Well you only really have to do that once, depending on how versatile you imagine each frame to be. But seeing as it's a comic strip, don't they normally stay quite stationary?

...Goddamn your lazyness

Laughing out loud

Quote: Lee @ August 13 2012, 12:26 AM BST

Well you only really have to do that once, depending on how versatile you imagine each frame to be. But seeing as it's a comic strip, don't they normally stay quite stationary?

But you have to put them in different positions, clothes, and have different facial expressions depending on what's happening. As I saved my drawings as one flat image, I can't just remove the unwanted piece and replace it. Should've planned better.

Quote: Gavin @ August 13 2012, 12:26 AM BST

...Goddamn your lazyness

Laughing out loud

You can feel his frustration, Nil.

Every time you put your arse into gear, Gavin gets his wings.

Quote: Lee @ August 13 2012, 12:36 AM BST

You can feel his frustration, Nil.

Sorry lads. :$

Quote: Nil Putters @ August 13 2012, 12:28 AM BST

But you have to put them in different positions, clothes, and have different facial expressions depending on what's happening. As I saved my drawings as one flat image, I can't just remove the unwanted piece and replace it. Should've planned better.

Ah, you lazy f**ker!

And that's coming from me. Captain F**king Lazy!

Laughing out loud I'm older than you, I'm allowed to be lazier. :P

Quote: Nil Putters @ August 13 2012, 12:37 AM BST

Laughing out loud I'm older than you, I'm allowed to be lazier infirm. :P