Frankie Boyle Page 14

It wasn't very funny, or all that cruel really.
I just personally don't like it when men (or anyone, but it often seems to be men) mock young girls' looks and humiliate them in public.

Most of the time I find Frankie very funny. But this is the sort of thing Chris Moyles used to do on the radio. Unpleasant and pointless.

Quote: zooo @ July 30 2012, 4:56 PM BST

Unpleasant and pointless.

About sums up Frankie Boyle

Well, your avatar is Max Miller - a blue comedian from the fifties and earlier who was also banned by BBC and attracted much opprobrium in his life.

No doubt back then people of your age and mindset thought the same about him as he delighted audiences and sold out venues, just like FB.

The thing I don't get is FB is actually one of the best stand-ups around. I mean seriously he is very good. Funny, excellent timing, great joke telling one of the greats.

I'll watch him far more willingly than that shitty poet or the c**t with the bad puns. And that weird shouty one can f**k a fist.

But why does he keep doing these appallingly unfunny causing offence for its own sake gags? The dolphin face one would get an 8 year old kid called a mongtard for the rest of his school days.

Quote: sootyj @ July 31 2012, 3:48 PM BST

But why does he keep doing these appallingly unfunny causing offence for its own sake gags? The dolphin face one would get an 8 year old kid called a mongtard for the rest of his school days.

I would imagine he made another joke because he got disciplined by the BBC before over it. I also would assume that he removed it because he was unhappy with the quality of it, not because he was worried she was upset by it.

There's another (much better) thread on Frankie Boyle, giving some insight into his motivations but it should be obvious to anyone who's seen him a few times that he's a provocateur who likes to tilt at establishment-anointed figures.

that shitty poet

Tim Key is truly awful.

It's not much of an excuse having a go at people for the sheer badness of it aparently.

I mean the whole Olympic debacle is a glorious larder for any comic. And all he can come up with is dreary school yard name calling.

I'll watch him far more willingly than that shitty poet or the c**t with the bad puns. And that weird shouty one can f**k a fist.

Who are these? The other Mock The Week people?

Quote: sootyj @ July 31 2012, 4:00 PM BST

It's not much of an excuse having a go at people for the sheer badness of it aparently.

I mean the whole Olympic debacle is a glorious larder for any comic. And all he can come up with is dreary school yard name calling.

Well, yeah, that's why he took it down. I do think in the current climate it's important to keep testing free speech. That might sound a little bit pretentious, but we're closer than we've ever been to limiting it based on a liberal rather than a reactionary agenda - which could stick for decades.

No idea I hardly watch comedy anymore so they're rough approximations.

There's a smirking Christian one who's always doing lousy puns one after another.

I mean I do it, but as a legitimate sociopathic with a need to cause suffering to others.

I don't even pretend to be funny.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ July 31 2012, 4:12 PM BST

Well, yeah, that's why he took it down. I do think in the current climate it's important to keep testing free speech. That might sound a little bit pretentious, but we're closer than we've ever been to limiting it based on a liberal rather than a reactionary agenda - which could stick for decades.

I agree and the arsehole is always the canary in the coal mine.

Part of the problem is how bland and smug satire seems to have got.

Now in my day satire was satire etc etc etc

Who exactly is Frankie mocking this time? Oh yes, it's that same successful, white, middle class, blond haired, rich, sporting champion with the model boyfriend from before with yet another Olympic medal to her name.

Talk about kicking someone when they're down. I can see why people on here would think he was being ultra cruel. Can't we just go back to laughing at thick working class Irish people dressed as women?

Sorry renegade you're too cliched to laugh at

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ July 31 2012, 4:21 PM BST

Who exactly is Frankie mocking this time? Oh yes, it's that same successful, white, middle class, blond haired, rich, sporting champion with the model boyfriend from before with yet another Olympic medal to her name.

Talk about kicking someone when they're down. I can see why people on here would think he was being ultra cruel. Can't we just go back to laughing at thick working class Irish people dressed as women?

You have issues, RC. :(

Some people seem to think slightly unattractive girls need to be reminded of this fact every so often. As though they don't already know. I can understand people feeling the need to pull people down a peg or two if they're cocky or egotistical or smug or whatever, but some semi famous swimmer just trying to get on with things? It's just a very weird target.

It's starting to sound like someone once told you you had a big nose, Zoo, well you don't your nose is fine - as is Becky Adlington's.

As ever with comedy the target is not the subject. The subject is the vehicle. I doubt if FB would ever had made another joke about her if it wasn't for the fact that BBC had censured him and Mock The Week over it instead of saying 'it's just a f**king joke.'

She has a gorgeous semitic shnozz

And if she doesn't have any jew in her

Then I'm offering