The IT Crowd 5.0 Page 8

Quote: Brett Barnett @ July 19 2012, 10:02 AM BST

Oh, and while browsing around this thread, I read your blog post, Matthew.

The one about Jen dating the deceptively short guy had me in stitches. And it's so IT-Crowd-esque that I can practically imagine the episode in my head. Brilliant!

I wish you nothing but good times, Brett. :)

I'm glad there was no fifth series. There were worrying signs in the last series that it was starting to come off the rails.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ July 19 2012, 12:21 AM BST

I'm in new territory here, feeling sorry for Stott.

I tend to feel a bit sorry for him every time I read his opinions on Dr Who.

I want to see the "Flapple" episode!

I just laughed out loud imagining the moment when Jen would discover who the current record holder was. :D

Superb ideas. What a shame Mr Linehan has decided no more.

Hey, thanks. I suppose I should point out that none of those ideas were actually developed as episodes, they were purely a way to initially see if I had the right comedy brain and feel for the show.

I once tweeted Mr Linehan with my idea of Jen having to sing Moss to sleep with the lyrics to the original Star Trek theme. We'll never see that happen either.

Where is this Linehan article?

Quote: William Purry @ July 19 2012, 7:06 PM BST

I once tweeted Mr Linehan with my idea of Jen having to sing Moss to sleep with the lyrics to the original Star Trek theme. We'll never see that happen either.

It's not even happened and it's already got "Soft Kitty" beat :P

Has there been any clear statement of their intentions with the show lately? I remember once reading the plans for a special in 2012 but the year is nearly over.

Linehan (and the cast) are all quite busy with other projects now, but the intention still appears to be that there will be a final special at some point.