Radio Recommendations Page 2

Hancock's Half Hour
Bleak Expectations
Ricky Gervais Podcasts

Thanks to these three shows, people think I'm one of them train freaks.

Quote: swerytd @ June 18 2009, 9:54 AM BST

Also, if you like sport, Fighting Talk (podcast from Radio FiveLive) is the funniest thing on the radio.

Dan

If you 'read' Loaded and Nuts and your girlfriend buys Heat . . . .

Hey Everybody!
I've been able to pick up a few radio broadcasts off the web. I can use some of the radio channels players online to listen live, but I need to know what everyone thinks are the best and what stations they are on. It's one thing to try out a TV program and have it be turdy, but if its in the car with me, I'd like it to be something good, so I'm not tempted to run my car off the road to put me out of my misery.
Thanks.

Quote: Oldrocker @ June 23 2009, 1:12 AM BST

If you 'read' Loaded and Nuts and your girlfriend buys Heat . . . .

Actually, my girlfriend reads Now and Look :P

Dan

Quote: AndreaLynne @ June 23 2009, 1:17 AM BST

I've been able to pick up a few radio broadcasts off the web. I can use some of the radio channels players online to listen live, but I need to know what everyone thinks are the best and what stations they are on.

The best place to start Andrea is here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/categories/comedy/radio

I believe you can listen to all those shows un-restricted in America via your computer. Sorry, I'm not sure how to get them on your car though. If you try one and like it, you can buy it on CD. See our guides to those programmes for merchandise.

It depends as to what your comedy tastes are as to which shows I suggest you start with... maybe try Hut 33, Old Harry's Game and Potting On to begin with, see if they're to your tastes.

Thanks a bunch Mark. I will take a crack at those. I like listening to comedy in the car. For a while now I've been bouncing between old Bill Cosby, Jerry Seinfeld, and Dead Parrot Society (complilation of live and recorded Python and the like). I need something new. I'll let ya know. Thanks again.

I know it's been a while since I first asked for questions (I moved house and its been a bit of a hassle getting my internet working again) but thanks a lot to everyone whos replied with recommendations. Old Harry's Game is hilarious and I'm quite enjoying Electric Ink as well. Now that I'm back online I'll work on getting copies of some of the other shows mentioned.

Also Andrea, if you want somewhere to get radio comedy from and you know how to use torrents then I recommend joining site removed.

Also recommend Count Arthur Stong.

Has anyone mentioned John Shuttleworth's radio shows.

Going back in tiem Round the Horne is much funnier than I ever imagined and almost a link between modern British comedy and old music hall styles.

My favourite radio comedies include The Goon Show, Old Harry's Game, On the Hour, Just a Minute, The Now Show, Mark Steel's in Town, Count Arthur Strong's Radio Show!, Revolting People, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, That Mitchell and Webb Sound, The Penny Dreadfuls Present... and A Series of Psychotic Episodes.

I feel I have become the unoffical spokesperson for a cracking little online show that, from what I know, is only available on Facebook called 'Need You Tonight'. Hence can this message be considered an offical plug.

Just listened to a a programme on R4-' Countryfile?'- All about the 'Olympic Games' that began in a town called 'Much Wenlock' Shropshire. Really interesting as I've been there, on 'Wenlock Edge' where they began running races.

We do have lovely countryside in Great Britain, I have a 'country park' on my doorstep, feel sad that folk don't use these lovely areas with their families.

OH dear feeling melancholic, Teary but Lovey