Live from Kirrin Island - call for submissions Page 10

I rated it hopefully in time when I worked out how to lol

have just reviewed on iTunes. On iPad, if you select podcasts, Live from Kirin Island is on the second page of 'new and noteworthy'. What a great result. When are you taking submissions for ep. 2!

Quote: Will Cam @ July 3 2012, 12:03 AM BST

have just reviewed on iTunes. On iPad, if you select podcasts, Live from Kirin Island is on the second page of 'new and noteworthy'. What a great result. When are you taking submissions for ep. 2!

Hi Will,

Thanks so much for reviewing. I just read our latest review (so I'm guessing could be yours) and its really supportive in encouraging us to do exactly that - get on and produce some more episodes.

Before the astonishing iTunes ranking, we had been planning a full on Live from Kirrin Island in September - using a similar model of calling for sketches and one-liners through BCG. All our instincts are shouting that we must maintain the interest so we're planning one or more Kirrin Island Summer Shorts in the next few weeks. At the very least we'll be calling for one-liners through the forum - so look out for that.

The whole project was to hone skills - and it's doing exactly that. Quite apart from the writing, it's certainly taught me the importance in this game of networking, pitching, taking measured risks, making podcasts, promotion via Social Media and good old fashion project management to keep it on the rails. And it certainly supports the adage of (whether doing stand up or writing and submitting to NJ etc) just get on and try it.

Alison :)

Quote: Will Cam @ July 3 2012, 12:03 AM BST

have just reviewed on iTunes. On iPad, if you select podcasts, Live from Kirin Island is on the second page of 'new and noteworthy'. What a great result. !

At one point, it was only Scott Mills keeping us from first place in one of the comedy podcast "New & Noteworthy" lists. Damn his weekday early afternoon humour.