Funny articles wanted for daily website

NO LONGER LOOKING FOR SUBMISSIONS. THANK YOU FOR THE GREAT RESPONSE.

Hi,

I am very keen to find writers for my site The Daily News (www.the-daily-news.co.uk), which has now been publishing funny articles every weekday for nearly a year.

Although I am enjoying it, I'm struggling to find the time to do the writing and the promotional stuff (not to mention looking after a baby). Mainly I have stuck to leftfield article ideas (eg a Downton Abbey spoof, which has had 656 Facebook Likes to date, or 10 alternative games to play on Christmas Day) rather than fake news, which is practically impossible to do well (The Onion excepted).

I've kept the site ad-free until now, which means I can offer only a modest fee of £30 per 450-word article, but there would probably be regular work for anyone who delivers good stuff, and I do intend to make a serious go, business wise, of the site, hence my big time commitment to it so far at a busy time in my life. I'd also be open to a partnership with someone with a similar site or serious ambitions to have one.

I know there are lots of fake news and comedy sites out there, so take a look and make up your own mind. I like to avoid excessive crudity and swearing, preferring a nice bit of wit.

Hope to hear from you,

Trevor Johnson

Please email me at trevor at the-daily-news.co.uk STRAIGHT PROSE, PLEASE -- I HAVE NO USE FOR SCRIPTS!

You can afford £30 per article with no adverts?

You must be a very rich man.....

I was just thinking that.

It's not a bad site (he says, thinking of the £11,000/year available for 450 words a day) but it reminds me more of Cracked.com than The Onion, what with all the lists.

Just sent some little bits off for this. When could I expect to hear back from ya??

All the best.