Live from Kirrin Island - call for submissions Page 7

Yesterday was an amazing experience, a huge learning curve and an great opportunity to be involved in wonderful creative process.

Many thanks to Alison for all her hard work, I'd have been stressed out having that many people round for dinner, never mind putting on an evening's entertainment and producing a radio show! Alison took it all in her stride.

I'm really looking forward to hearing the finished product. There were some brilliant performances and the sudience really enjoyed the show.

Well done to everyone involved!

Yep! I'll agree with what David and Angie wrote. Top, top day!
Really intense and very tight timescales but it all came together beautifully thanks to a great team effort and the hard work of everyone involved.
Massive respect to Alison for getting it off the ground in the first place, and for her continued focus and determination to make it a success, which it was.

It's 24 hours later and I'm still buzzing now!

Jamie

I've got to say Jamie, I'm buzzing too. If you can wait up another ten minutes I might be able to point you to a sneak preview :)
Thanks for everyone's kind words. The team spirit has made it all worthwhile. And I didn't realise how much you had performed until I listened to it tonight.
ETA: can't seem to upload it where I want to so preview might not be possible - so don't stay up.
ETA1: Oh alright as you are so enthusiastic (as always :) ) I'll keep trying. Stand by

Sneak preview!? YEEEEAAAAAAHHHH!

Echo all of the above
& thanks to Alison for making us all feel so welcome.
I'm glad I got involved as it was such a lovely day.

Quote: LippyAlison @ June 17 2012, 11:50 PM BST

ETA: can't seem to upload it where I want to so preview might not be possible - so don't stay up.
ETA1: Oh alright as you are so enthusiastic (as always :) ) I'll keep trying. Stand by

If its not working don't worry. Just go and get some sleep!

More than one way to skin a cat!
ETA: sorry guys the sneak preview upload isn't playing ball - but rest assured I've got in on USB, CD, SD card so it safely exists. I've listened to it twice in the car tonight - and laughed all way through. And I know the punchlines. I'm off to bed.

Has anyone heard if they've got something on?

Quote: blahblah @ June 18 2012, 12:12 PM BST

Has anyone heard if they've got something on?

Listen to the show guys on BrooklandsRadio.co.uk at 7pm tonight to find out and then I'll put the credits up shortly after. I can confirm we used material submitted on the forum :) and I haven't written to anyone so no news isn't bad news....

The podcast will be uploaded later this week.

Alison

Quote: LippyAlison @ June 18 2012, 12:27 PM BST

Listen to the show guys on BrooklandsRadio.co.uk at 7pm tonight to find out and then I'll put the credits up shortly after. I can confirm we used material submitted on the forum :) and I haven't written to anyone so no news isn't bad news....

The podcast will be put together later this week.

Alison

:D I'll be listening!

Well, frankly that day was fantastic. Great working with everyone and awesome at how it's all worked out, especially given how tight the timescales were.

Lots of lessons learned but we'll resolve them next time!

BTW not only did Ali produce an hour-long comedy show ending a full bill of entertainment, she also ran a restaurant for about 60 people! Superproducer extraordinaire! Well done, Ali!

Dan

Yep to comments so far - an awesome day, a huge buzz being involved and I am left wanting to stand up and do this every week.

Many congratulations to Alison, our producer - the sneak preview sounds fantastic, especially when you think we came together at about midday with some ideas and rough drafts, kicking off the performance (or second read through as it should be called) about eight hours later...

What an exciting project! Looking forward to listening in.

Where was it recorded? In someone's house? With 60 people it must have been cosy!
It sounds like fun was had by all. I hope there were lashings of ginger beer.

At my house which is ideal for cosy gatherings. Some pics on the kirrinislandpodcast.com website. No beer of any sort was allowed during the script writing frenzy. If we'd opened a bottle of wine, that'd would have been it for the day I suspect. Big Jack was on energy drinks!!

T-30 mins on BrooklandsRadio.co.uk :)
Alison