Alan Partridge Online Episodes - Good or Bad Idea? Page 14

Quote: Nil Putters @ May 18 2012, 12:29 PM BST

I see Coogan has signed up to Sky Atlantic for more Partridge episodes. His disgust at Murdoch is obviously proportional to how much he's being paid.

:D

It's fair to point out, however, that Sky is a very different beast from the papers. The Murdochs don't even majority own Sky, and there's no editorial control to be had over it - it's just a great revenue stream.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/00000822/new_alan_partridge_on_sky_atlantic/

He's still, basically, working for them though, being paid to get more people to sign up to Sky.

That's how all subscription channels/services work though - it's not a dastardly plan of ol' Rupe's concoction.

Bastards the lot of 'em.

Quote: Aaron @ May 18 2012, 3:00 PM BST

That's how all subscription channels/services work though - it's not a dastardly plan of ol' Rupe's concoction.

I do get how pay TV works btw. :P

Any news on a Midmorning Matters DVD yet?

It's due on TV in the autumn IIRC, so expect one just in time for Christmas.

Quote: Nil Putters @ May 18 2012, 12:29 PM BST

I see Coogan has signed up to Sky Atlantic for more Partridge episodes.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/00000822/new_alan_partridge_on_sky_atlantic/

'Alan Partridge: Welcome To The Places Of My Life' - So that's basically another episode of I'm Alan Partridge then. Me likey! :D

Has anyone been seeing the very brief clips of the new Alan Partridge episodes (think they're from the 'Welcome to Norwich' one) on Sky adverts about what's to come? Looking pretty good so far. :D

New Alan tonight! All the clips look great, (Let me put that in context-flying Aids) pity I'm going to have to search around for it as I don't have Sky. I wonder how the DVD release will work? maybe doubled up with Mid Morning Matters..?

Looking forward to this!

So, no Sky Atlantic on Virgin? Brilliant...

Pirate

It's on on Sky1 on Friday, if you're able to wait.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 25 2012, 7:37 PM BST

...I'm going to have to search around for it as I don't have Sky. I wonder how the DVD release will work? maybe doubled up with Mid Morning Matters..?

Same! Grrr, Sky. I thought about the DVD as well. If its 2Entertain, I would imagine they would all be released as a set together or the specials in one set and MMM as a separate one? I hope its the web edits though, as I'd like all the episodes to be seperate, rather than bundled up.

I'm willing to bet* it will be 2entertain, and I'm equally willing to bet it'll all be separate, at least initially. Remember there's the faux author-interview coming up shortly too.

Hard to guess how Mid Morning Matters might be formatted. I'd guess as on TV, but with cleverly constructred chapter points.

* Not really. I don't bet. It's just a figure of speech.