Chuck Cunningham who disappeared from Happy Days

Has anyone seen the episodes of Happy Days that featured Richie's brother Chuck Cunningham - I have read about the episodes. Chuck was only in the first two series and then he disappeared with no mention.

It appears that in the 70s, comedy writers weren't always very good with continuity. I have noticed that a number of both US and British sitcoms sometimes had the same actors playing different parts. Fortunately this is something that hasn't been done since the 80s.

Even though I don't really watch it, I've noticed 'Two and a Half Men' are particularly bad for character continuity - Judy Greer has appeared as like three different characters in the show, and the girl who plays Chelsea appeared as at least one other character in the show not long before that.

The TV Tropes people have a entire Trope dedicated to the memory of good'ol Chuck!

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ChuckCunninghamSyndrome

Quote: Marooned @ May 18 2012, 2:49 PM BST

Even though I don't really watch it, I've noticed 'Two and a Half Men' are particularly bad for character continuity - Judy Greer has appeared as like three different characters in the show, and the girl who plays Chelsea appeared as at least one other character in the show not long before that.

I don't watch Two and A Half Men either, but I am very surprised that the yhave had the same actresses playing different characters. I didn't realise American comedies still did this. I know it hasn't been done in British comedies since the 1980s - and I always thought it was naff.

The late 60s US comedy Green Acres often used the same actors in different guest roles, and I can imagine many others did at the time.

Quote: MTpromises @ May 19 2012, 12:13 AM BST

The TV Tropes people have a entire Trope dedicated to the memory of good'ol Chuck!

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ChuckCunninghamSyndrome

Thanks for the link. It is crazy how they wrote Chuck out and never referred to him again!

Quote: Matt79 @ May 19 2012, 4:25 PM BST

Thanks for the link. It is crazy how they wrote Chuck out and never referred to him again!

Presumably you missed the episode where Tom Bosley caught Chuck fellating a grizzly bear, expelled him from the family and declared "let us never speak of him again".