The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 358

Quote: Nil Putters @ May 14 2012, 11:09 AM BST

What has he said?

Joseph Barton ‏ @Joey7Barton
My favourite memory of him though is when he dropped his spuds when Keano put it on him. Goodnight Al, sleep well matey...

11h Joseph Barton ‏ @Joey7Barton
...That he would retire from international football. No sorry, not having him, never have. Selfish, boring man him. He can do one...

I'd take it off Hansen and @GaryLineker but not from that bell, same fella that stamped on Neil Lennon,then threatened FA if they banned him

I really don't like that prick, in fact I honestly despise him... Goodnight.

But I have a better hair(which is not hard), wear well better shirts on TV and have a personality(something u lack).

Whilst were both stating the obvious about each other, can I just say for the record what a great player u were. Well better me...

Shearers still on my case..."I know I f*cked up Alan, thanks for stating the obvious."

Cheers Gerry.

What a cock he is.

He's got a point though hasn't he?

Quote: Badge @ May 14 2012, 11:31 AM BST

He's got a point though hasn't he?

He's right about Shearer being a dullard, but IIRC it was Keano who was spilling potatoes.

What a Final Day indeed. Emotionally exhausted and mightily relieved.
I think my heart irretrievably broke when Arsene hugged Pat Rice.
Hug for Will Cam

I'd take Shearer over Barton any day.

I had some fun banter with an Arsenal fan yesterday

Stuart: What a season hey!! A shift in power in Manchester and Liverpool but there is still only ONE team in London!! OTBAG!!

Tuumble: Cough! #stilltrophyless

Stuart: But still CLASS mate...15 years running in the Champions League whereas the like of Liverpool are going backwards evne though they spent nearly as much as City!

Tuumble: You still celebrate third place mate if it makes you happy - we'll settle for silverware (*tongue firmly in cheek) ;)

Stuart: Happy to celebrating beating Spurs and making it into the CL despite it being our worst PL season :) Ah yes the reserve team trophy that was suppposed to mark a new era for a once great club :)

Tuumble: If the CL was so important you might want to try and win the thing - we've already got one for keeps you see ;)

Tuumble: and if it was your worst PL season aren't you going backwards too?

Tuumble: and you were so close to the reserve team cup too last season too - unfortunate to lose to the mighty Birmingham...and yes, I know we only beat a Championship side on penalties. Looks like the Emirates is cursed - hopefully it hasn't got a 99 year lease!

He hasn't replied. :)

I was on a bus when some American tourists spotted a big group of Arsenal fans.

Kid says
"They look like a where's wally? Convention"

Quote: sootyj @ May 14 2012, 12:17 PM BST

I was on a bus when some American tourists spotted a big group of Arsenal fans.

Kid says
"They look like a where's wally? Convention"

Americans would have said Waldo instead of Wally because that's what he's called over here.

They may have been Canadians.

Or refugees from Obamas compulsory health care and gay marriage.

That twat Barton said the following.

He added: "The head was never gone at any stage, once I'd been sent off, one of our players suggested I should try to take one of theirs with me. It never worked but God loves a trier."

God loves a trier - not an arrogant. stupid, vicious, sadistic, twat though.

Quote: DaButt @ May 14 2012, 2:53 PM BST

Americans would have said Waldo instead of Wally because that's what he's called over here.

sootyJ the liar is exposed!

Also, they wouldn't have a Where's Wally convention because it would be too hard to find.

And everyone has a name on the shirt, so the challenge would be redundant

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ May 14 2012, 8:17 AM BST

I still think the Arsenal victory in 89? was more dramatic, with ex Liverpool player scoring the winner against leaders Liverpool, to win by the exact margin required!

Hate to be a pedant, but Michael Thomas didn't play for Liverpool until a few years later.

I suppose technically you're right, since Michael Thomas is NOW an ex-Liverpool player, but he wasn't at the time.

Quote: AJGO @ May 14 2012, 8:12 PM BST

And everyone has a name on the shirt, so the challenge would be redundant

They could have played 'Where's Walcott?'